Kim Kardashian Pregnant: Twitter Jokes About Kimye’s Pregnancy
By Maria Vultaggio | January 1, 2013 4:37 AM EST
Social media went wild on Monday when news broke that reality star Kim Kardashian was pregnant with rapper Kanye West’s child.
Her old sister Kourtney already has two children with her longtime boyfriend Scott Disick, and her younger sister Khloe has been struggling to get pregnant with her husband Lamar Odom.
Kardashian recently proclaimed she was thinking about freezing her eggs on her reality show, inferring that she wasn’t planning on having children anytime soon.
Whether or not the pregnancy was planned, all parties involved have publicly shared their excitement about the news.
"It's true!! Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us,” Kardashian blogged in a post titled “New Year, New Beginnings.”
"Looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family. Happy New Year!!! Xo."
Millions of tweeters have also began to weigh in on Kimye’s unborn bundle of joy, with many of them taking the opportunity to make fun of the reality television tycoon.
@kingsleyyy wrote, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant? Can't wait for the E! Special. Maybe this time they'll actually shove a camera up the vagina.” The post was retweeted 9823 times.
@deKenstruction tweeted, “If you need me, I’ll be at a dive bar hiding from 300,000 New Year’s Eve tourists and twice as many Kanye-Kardashian tweets.”
@DaKidrauhlCrew posted, “Kim Kardashian's baby is already more attractive, richer and more successful than me... and it isn't even born yet.O K”
@jason_omara joked, “Kim Kardashian's baby is so lucky. On the one side it's got hip-hop pop star genes and on the other it's got, um... Hold on. Uh... nope.”
@JennyJohnsonHi5 brought back the Mayan apocalypse, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant with Kanye West's baby, maybe the Mayans were just a little off on the date.”
Kardashian, 32, and West, 35, went public with their relationship last April, which was about six months after she filed for divorce from estranged husband Kris Humphries. The divorce is still pending, and the marriage only lasted 72 days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date