Kim Kardashian Pregnant: Twitter Jokes About Kimye’s Pregnancy
By Maria Vultaggio | January 1, 2013 4:37 AM EST
Social media went wild on Monday when news broke that reality star Kim Kardashian was pregnant with rapper Kanye West’s child.
Her old sister Kourtney already has two children with her longtime boyfriend Scott Disick, and her younger sister Khloe has been struggling to get pregnant with her husband Lamar Odom.
Kardashian recently proclaimed she was thinking about freezing her eggs on her reality show, inferring that she wasn’t planning on having children anytime soon.
Whether or not the pregnancy was planned, all parties involved have publicly shared their excitement about the news.
"It's true!! Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us,” Kardashian blogged in a post titled “New Year, New Beginnings.”
"Looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family. Happy New Year!!! Xo."
Millions of tweeters have also began to weigh in on Kimye’s unborn bundle of joy, with many of them taking the opportunity to make fun of the reality television tycoon.
@kingsleyyy wrote, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant? Can't wait for the E! Special. Maybe this time they'll actually shove a camera up the vagina.” The post was retweeted 9823 times.
@deKenstruction tweeted, “If you need me, I’ll be at a dive bar hiding from 300,000 New Year’s Eve tourists and twice as many Kanye-Kardashian tweets.”
@DaKidrauhlCrew posted, “Kim Kardashian's baby is already more attractive, richer and more successful than me... and it isn't even born yet.O K”
@jason_omara joked, “Kim Kardashian's baby is so lucky. On the one side it's got hip-hop pop star genes and on the other it's got, um... Hold on. Uh... nope.”
@JennyJohnsonHi5 brought back the Mayan apocalypse, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant with Kanye West's baby, maybe the Mayans were just a little off on the date.”
Kardashian, 32, and West, 35, went public with their relationship last April, which was about six months after she filed for divorce from estranged husband Kris Humphries. The divorce is still pending, and the marriage only lasted 72 days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop