Kim Kardashian Pregnant: Twitter Jokes About Kimye’s Pregnancy
By Maria Vultaggio | January 1, 2013 4:37 AM EST
Social media went wild on Monday when news broke that reality star Kim Kardashian was pregnant with rapper Kanye West’s child.
Her old sister Kourtney already has two children with her longtime boyfriend Scott Disick, and her younger sister Khloe has been struggling to get pregnant with her husband Lamar Odom.
Kardashian recently proclaimed she was thinking about freezing her eggs on her reality show, inferring that she wasn’t planning on having children anytime soon.
Whether or not the pregnancy was planned, all parties involved have publicly shared their excitement about the news.
"It's true!! Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us,” Kardashian blogged in a post titled “New Year, New Beginnings.”
"Looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family. Happy New Year!!! Xo."
Millions of tweeters have also began to weigh in on Kimye’s unborn bundle of joy, with many of them taking the opportunity to make fun of the reality television tycoon.
@kingsleyyy wrote, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant? Can't wait for the E! Special. Maybe this time they'll actually shove a camera up the vagina.” The post was retweeted 9823 times.
@deKenstruction tweeted, “If you need me, I’ll be at a dive bar hiding from 300,000 New Year’s Eve tourists and twice as many Kanye-Kardashian tweets.”
@DaKidrauhlCrew posted, “Kim Kardashian's baby is already more attractive, richer and more successful than me... and it isn't even born yet.O K”
@jason_omara joked, “Kim Kardashian's baby is so lucky. On the one side it's got hip-hop pop star genes and on the other it's got, um... Hold on. Uh... nope.”
@JennyJohnsonHi5 brought back the Mayan apocalypse, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant with Kanye West's baby, maybe the Mayans were just a little off on the date.”
Kardashian, 32, and West, 35, went public with their relationship last April, which was about six months after she filed for divorce from estranged husband Kris Humphries. The divorce is still pending, and the marriage only lasted 72 days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air