Kim Kardashian Pregnant: Twitter Jokes About Kimye’s Pregnancy
By Maria Vultaggio | January 1, 2013 4:37 AM EST
Social media went wild on Monday when news broke that reality star Kim Kardashian was pregnant with rapper Kanye West’s child.
Her old sister Kourtney already has two children with her longtime boyfriend Scott Disick, and her younger sister Khloe has been struggling to get pregnant with her husband Lamar Odom.
Kardashian recently proclaimed she was thinking about freezing her eggs on her reality show, inferring that she wasn’t planning on having children anytime soon.
Whether or not the pregnancy was planned, all parties involved have publicly shared their excitement about the news.
"It's true!! Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us,” Kardashian blogged in a post titled “New Year, New Beginnings.”
"Looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family. Happy New Year!!! Xo."
Millions of tweeters have also began to weigh in on Kimye’s unborn bundle of joy, with many of them taking the opportunity to make fun of the reality television tycoon.
@kingsleyyy wrote, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant? Can't wait for the E! Special. Maybe this time they'll actually shove a camera up the vagina.” The post was retweeted 9823 times.
@deKenstruction tweeted, “If you need me, I’ll be at a dive bar hiding from 300,000 New Year’s Eve tourists and twice as many Kanye-Kardashian tweets.”
@DaKidrauhlCrew posted, “Kim Kardashian's baby is already more attractive, richer and more successful than me... and it isn't even born yet.O K”
@jason_omara joked, “Kim Kardashian's baby is so lucky. On the one side it's got hip-hop pop star genes and on the other it's got, um... Hold on. Uh... nope.”
@JennyJohnsonHi5 brought back the Mayan apocalypse, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant with Kanye West's baby, maybe the Mayans were just a little off on the date.”
Kardashian, 32, and West, 35, went public with their relationship last April, which was about six months after she filed for divorce from estranged husband Kris Humphries. The divorce is still pending, and the marriage only lasted 72 days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report