Kim Kardashian Pregnant: Twitter Jokes About Kimye’s Pregnancy
By Maria Vultaggio | January 1, 2013 4:37 AM EST
Social media went wild on Monday when news broke that reality star Kim Kardashian was pregnant with rapper Kanye West’s child.
Her old sister Kourtney already has two children with her longtime boyfriend Scott Disick, and her younger sister Khloe has been struggling to get pregnant with her husband Lamar Odom.
Kardashian recently proclaimed she was thinking about freezing her eggs on her reality show, inferring that she wasn’t planning on having children anytime soon.
Whether or not the pregnancy was planned, all parties involved have publicly shared their excitement about the news.
"It's true!! Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us,” Kardashian blogged in a post titled “New Year, New Beginnings.”
"Looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family. Happy New Year!!! Xo."
Millions of tweeters have also began to weigh in on Kimye’s unborn bundle of joy, with many of them taking the opportunity to make fun of the reality television tycoon.
@kingsleyyy wrote, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant? Can't wait for the E! Special. Maybe this time they'll actually shove a camera up the vagina.” The post was retweeted 9823 times.
@deKenstruction tweeted, “If you need me, I’ll be at a dive bar hiding from 300,000 New Year’s Eve tourists and twice as many Kanye-Kardashian tweets.”
@DaKidrauhlCrew posted, “Kim Kardashian's baby is already more attractive, richer and more successful than me... and it isn't even born yet.O K”
@jason_omara joked, “Kim Kardashian's baby is so lucky. On the one side it's got hip-hop pop star genes and on the other it's got, um... Hold on. Uh... nope.”
@JennyJohnsonHi5 brought back the Mayan apocalypse, “Kim Kardashian is pregnant with Kanye West's baby, maybe the Mayans were just a little off on the date.”
Kardashian, 32, and West, 35, went public with their relationship last April, which was about six months after she filed for divorce from estranged husband Kris Humphries. The divorce is still pending, and the marriage only lasted 72 days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage