BSE Sensex, Nifty Flat; US Fiscal Cliff Solution Watched
December 31, 2012 4:44 PM EST
The BSE Sensex gains 0.1 percent while the Nifty is up 0.01 percent. Market is expected to remain volatile until U.S. lawmakers reach a deal on tax-hike threshold and spending cuts, a positive outcome could drive shares in the near term.
Wipro Ltd shares gain 1.3 percent after the company said the shareholders have approved its demerger plan after a meeting on Friday.
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]