BSE Sensex, Nifty Flat; US Fiscal Cliff Solution Watched
December 31, 2012 4:44 PM EST
The BSE Sensex gains 0.1 percent while the Nifty is up 0.01 percent. Market is expected to remain volatile until U.S. lawmakers reach a deal on tax-hike threshold and spending cuts, a positive outcome could drive shares in the near term.
Wipro Ltd shares gain 1.3 percent after the company said the shareholders have approved its demerger plan after a meeting on Friday.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand