iPhone 6 Rumors: Top 3 Features Why You Should Wait For Apple’s Smartphone
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 31, 2012 2:40 PM EST
As 2012 comes to a close, new rumours emerged claiming that the upcoming iPhone 6 will pack sharp, new features under its belt.
The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be released early next year and one of the possible reasons of the rumoured early release date is because Apple will be launching a redesigned iPhone.
Reports indicate that Apple is looking to switch to a 6-month cycle instead of a 1-year cycle with the iPhone to be more aggressive against competitors such as Samsung and Google. This means consumers may be able to snatch up a colourful iPhone 6 around March 2013.
This rumour is supported by Asymco's analyst Horace Dediu who believes that Apple's future will indeed consist of a new generation of device every six months. This assumption is based on the statement of former Apple CEO John Sculley.
According to Sculley, the company is "going through a very significant change now in terms of product cycles," and that "now it's really introducing products twice a year."
Below are the reasons why you should wait for the upcoming iPhone 6.
- Super HD+ Retina IGZO Screen Display - The advantage of the IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) display is the thin assembly, bright colors, and high resolution that require less LEDs, which would mean more energy efficient.
- A7 Chip Quad Core Processor - The rumoured A7 quad core processor is claimed to be twice faster and smaller than its predecessor.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) - There is a rumour that Apple lost to its rival Samsung Galaxy S3 because the former was afraid to support NFC. All sign points to Apple adding this feature in order to keep up with the competition.
It is initially reported that the iPhone 6 will include a "Super HD" screen display and camera. Speculations claimed that it is beyond the Full HD displays in HTC Droid DNA.
This notion is backed up by an analyst. According to Jefferies stock analyst Peter Misek, "the iPhone 5S has a new 'super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC,' and 'possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage."
Other rumours claimed that iPhone 6 will steer away from its usual hues and will offer 6 to 8 different colours to attract younger generations in buying the handset.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight