iPhone 6 Rumors: Top 3 Features Why You Should Wait For Apple’s Smartphone
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 31, 2012 2:40 PM EST
As 2012 comes to a close, new rumours emerged claiming that the upcoming iPhone 6 will pack sharp, new features under its belt.
The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be released early next year and one of the possible reasons of the rumoured early release date is because Apple will be launching a redesigned iPhone.
Reports indicate that Apple is looking to switch to a 6-month cycle instead of a 1-year cycle with the iPhone to be more aggressive against competitors such as Samsung and Google. This means consumers may be able to snatch up a colourful iPhone 6 around March 2013.
This rumour is supported by Asymco's analyst Horace Dediu who believes that Apple's future will indeed consist of a new generation of device every six months. This assumption is based on the statement of former Apple CEO John Sculley.
According to Sculley, the company is "going through a very significant change now in terms of product cycles," and that "now it's really introducing products twice a year."
Below are the reasons why you should wait for the upcoming iPhone 6.
- Super HD+ Retina IGZO Screen Display - The advantage of the IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) display is the thin assembly, bright colors, and high resolution that require less LEDs, which would mean more energy efficient.
- A7 Chip Quad Core Processor - The rumoured A7 quad core processor is claimed to be twice faster and smaller than its predecessor.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) - There is a rumour that Apple lost to its rival Samsung Galaxy S3 because the former was afraid to support NFC. All sign points to Apple adding this feature in order to keep up with the competition.
It is initially reported that the iPhone 6 will include a "Super HD" screen display and camera. Speculations claimed that it is beyond the Full HD displays in HTC Droid DNA.
This notion is backed up by an analyst. According to Jefferies stock analyst Peter Misek, "the iPhone 5S has a new 'super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC,' and 'possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage."
Other rumours claimed that iPhone 6 will steer away from its usual hues and will offer 6 to 8 different colours to attract younger generations in buying the handset.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James