China’s ZTE Poised to Unleash High-End WP8, Android Smartphones for 2013 CES
By Erik Pineda | December 31, 2012 1:45 PM EST
Giant Chinese telecom firm ZTE is all set to play the high-end smartphone game with a slew of devices that the company plans to unveil come the 2013 CES gadget showcase next week in Las Vegas.
First on the list is ZTE's phablet take via the Windows Phone 8 channel. No specific name has been attributed to this pure Chinese smartphone that obviously is geared to challenge Samsung's dominance in the market segment that it created when it released the surprise hit Galaxy Note.
According to BGR News, a top ZTE official posted an image of the upcoming WP8 gadget, which purportedly is a full-pledged 1080p HD device with a 5.9-inch viewing delight. Not only that the phablet is a joy for video enthusiasts, it will also reportedly satiate audio fans with the added DTS sound technology.
But the specs were rather confusing, BGR said, noting that WP8 is not known to support the current screen resolution found on the Lumia 920.
Definitely more exciting are the powerful features that consumers can expect from ZTE's Nubia Z5, which is said to packed with Qualcomm's 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064, 2GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage as per reports coming from Engadget.
This 1080p Android phone is long on things to please hardcore lovers of the Google mobile platform, with a 13MP rear-camera shooter that ZTE paired with a 2MP front camera for a delightful video conferencing experience.
It has a solid built and its sexy look could easily beat out the best-looking Android smartphone out there, likely measuring up with Samsung's Galaxy S3 and HTC's Droid DNA, Engadget said.
ZTE plans to issue two versions of the Nubia Z5 - one is housed in aluminium and the other in titanium. According to Engadget, the aluminium edition will likely retail at around $US550 while the one built on titanium is rather pricey at $US1260.
The last on the three-punch pack is the most affordable, according to Mashable. It will be known as ZTE Grand S and is heralded by the Chinese firm as one of thinnest smartphones to emerge in 2013 at 6.9mm.
The Grand S will sport a 5-inch screen and is tentatively to be deployed with the following specs: a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 2500 mAh battery and a ceramic case.
As reported by Mashable, this ZTE phone will hit store shelves with a tag price of $US449.
Experts are in agreement that these three handsets will be unwrapped at the CES tech gathering scheduled next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?