Hillary Clinton Hospitalized
By Staff Reporter | December 31, 2012 12:53 PM EST
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was hospitalized at New York Presbyterian Hospital after doctors found a blood clot during an examination related to a concussion she suffered in early December.
Clinton, 65, is expected to remain at the hospital for the next 48 hours so physicians can evaluate her.
"Her doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion," said Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state, in a statement.
"They will determine if any further action is required."
Clinton is soon due to end her term as Secretary.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide