Step-by-Step Guide to Root Motorola RAZR M 4G LTE
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 31, 2012 12:52 PM EST
Rooting Motorola RAZR M is now easy and unrooting the device is simple too. Users are always warned about rooting any device due to warranty void but unrooting it will definitely restore back the warranty as if nothing happened.
Here is the summary of the rooting process of Motorola RAZR M.
Things to do first before rooting:
1. Back up all your files.
a. SMS - Use "SMS backup & restore app"
b. Contact - Sync with Gmail
c. Call log - "Call log & restore"
d. Multimedia and data files - Copy to internal or external SD card
e. APN & MMS settings - Take note of the info from this path "Applications > Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names"
2. Enable USB debugging. "Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
3. Disable all antivirus installed in the phone to avoid interruption.
4. Full USB Read/Write access for successful rooting.
5. Do not perform the rooting process if the device has 20% or lower battery level.
1. Download the "Rooting & Unrooting Package" (dlhg.eternityproject.eu/mtspyder/eprj/pedro/EPRJ_EasyRootICS_MultiOS_v1.5.zip) to the computer.
2. Extract the zip package.
3. Download the "Motorola Drivers"
4. Enable "Unknown Sources" in the device. "Config > Security > Unknown Sources".
5. Enable "Mock Location" as well. "Config > Developer Options > Mock Location".
6. Connect the phone to the computer using the original USB cable as Media Sync - MTP. "Config > Storage > Media Sync"
7. Run the script from the extracted folder (double click the .bat file).
8. Follow the instructions on the screen.
9. Disconnect the phone after the rooting process.
10. Check the Root status of the device by using "Root Checker" from the Google Play.
Rooting access will grant capability to Motorola RAZR M to have customised ROM flashed in the device.
According to the latest report, Motorola is set to release a new Razr M HD with upgraded specs, mainly a 4.5-inch display with a 720p (1280x720) resolution. It would likely have a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus processor running at 1.5Ghz, 16GB of storage space and 1GB of RAM, which places it between mid-range and high-end phones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight