Best Android Games in 2012 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 31, 2012 12:40 PM EST
Gaming before was exclusive to console devices such as Xbox and Playstation and then later to PC units with multiplayer features too. However, in the last decade, games flourished in portable devices including smartphones and Android is becoming more prominent in the gaming world today.
Here are the selected 10 Best Games for Android.
1. Jetpack Joyride
It was awarded as the Best Action/Arcade Game 2012 and Overall Game of the Year 2012 by Pocket Gamer. Developed by Halfbrick Studios with simple game mechanics filled with a selection of jetpacks to try on and get the coolest fly ever. The game is currently rated with 4.6 out of 5 and 5 stars by more than 100,000 users.
2. Temple Run
This is one of the most downloaded and addicting game for Android users. It was cited as "Very addicting ... definitely a very different running game" by Appolicious.com and "A fast and frenzied experience" by IGN.com. The game is simple, just running, avoiding obstacles and escaping from the temple ruins. More than a million users have download this game which has an average rating of 4.6 and 5 stars for more than 800,000 users.
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
It is now finally available from Google Play. This is an adaptation from the best-selling console game with heart-pounding gameplay. The game features solo or team play with up to 4 players using Wi-Fi to mow down hordes of zombies using various weapons and perks available in the game.
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
The famous Vice City in now available for Android smartphones and it will bring you back to the 1980s. Rockstar Games brings it to mobile devices with high-resolution graphics, updated controls, and a host of new features including beautiful character model, lightning effects, precise firing and targeting options, custom controls, massive campaign with countless hours of gameplay, compatibility with MoGa Wireless Game Controller, and integrated tactile effects.
5. Angry Birds Star Wars
This is the biggest adventure yet in the Angry Birds universe. Just like with the real Star Wars, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the group of desperate rebel birds faces off the Galactic Empire of Pigtroopers. The main objective is getting the rebel birds to steal the secret plans of the Pig Star. New mechanics such as lightsabers, blasters, and Jedi powers are introduced in this series.
6. Dead Trigger
Madfinger Games developed this visually stunning first person zombie shooter arcade. The year 2012 is the end of the modern civilisation and billions of people have been infested by a strange virus and others have turned into beasts. The player knows only one thing, kill all enemies till up to their last breath. The game features stunning graphics, Tegra 3 support, full 3D, and high quality audio and soundtrack.
Zynga made this game, which is a third person action adventure game. The storyline is about a young blacksmith's apprentice named Horn who wakes up in village and discovers a curse afflicting the land. Horn features controls for walking, jumping, crawling, and grapple hook, free roaming, touch friendly melee and ranged combat, and endless escalating challenge modes.
8. Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour
A console quality action first person shooter with dramatic story arc, this game features new tactical movement system, and wage war around the world. The game features console-like graphics, lifelike animations and dynamic objects. It has a new redesigned multiplayer mode to forge own gameplay profile, new specialisation system, and online leaderboards.
9. Need for Speed Most Wanted
Eurogamer.es described this game as: "The graphics are absolutely awesome and it pushes the mobile device to its limits as you play the game." As usual, it features hot cars such as SRT Viper GTS, Porsche 911 Carrera S, Hummer H1 Alpha, and many more. The game features over 40 customisable cars, race with touch or tilt to steer and mind-blowing graphics.
10. ShadowGun: Deadzone
This is another offering from Madfinger Games, which features console quality multiplayer game and high quality graphics. The game can be experienced for up to 12 players connected online, but there are choices among two popular game modes - Deathmatch & Zone Control, various maps, and 10 playable characters. Fighting arsenal such as Assault Rifles, Machine Guns, Plasma Rifles, Shotguns, and EMP grenades are available in the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup