In 2013, more
devices will receive Jellybean updates, but most likely will have 4.1 firmware versions instead of the 4.2.1. Android One X+ users will not expect just an update yet of Jellybean 4.2.1 version, so CyanogenMod developers provided a stable Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware. HTC
Here is the sum up of the update using CyanogenMod.
All data in your device should be turned off in the middle of the firmware update. The steps below will guide for any back up. One reminder: Do not back up
One X+ using a ROM manager to avoid bricking. HTC
SMS - Use "SMS backup & restore app"
Contacts - Sync with Gmail
Call log - "Call log and restore"
Multimedia and data files - Copy to internal or external SD card
APN & MMS Settings - Note down from the path "Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Points Names"
Make sure to check this path: Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging. Enable the USB debugging and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
Battery Level should not be below 30% or there will be risk of damage to the device during the firmware update.
Turn off all antiviruses in the computer to avoid interruption during the update. Double check that the USB Read/Write rights in the computer is enabling.
Follow the instructions carefully and do not perform acts that are not included in the procedure to avoid bricking the device.
Steps to Update HTC One X+ with Jellybean 4.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Firmware
1. Download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package (
http://goo.im/devs/maxwen/AOKP-enrc2b/AOKP-42-20121229.zip) and Google Apps Package (http//www.mediafire.com/?cz26c3moqtwhxuk) to the computer. Place both download in the same place inside the device.
2. Disconnect the device from the computer, turn it off and reboot it in the recovery mode from the boot loader mode.
3. The bootloader mode in HTC One X+ can be entered by pressing Volume up Key + Ok button and hold both simultaneously press Power button.
4. Select "recovery" in the boot loader mode.
5. Wipe data/factory reset and also select Wipe Cache partition to clear all cache data.
6. Select the "install zip from SD card" then choose the update zip of Cyanogen mod 10.1. Do the same with the Google Apps Package.
7. Once finished, select "reboot system now" for restart the device to the normal mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail: