HTC One X+ Gets Jellybean 4.2 CynagenMod 10.1 Firmware
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 31, 2012 11:49 AM EST
In 2013, more Android devices will receive Jellybean updates, but most likely will have 4.1 firmware versions instead of the 4.2.1. HTC One X+ users will not expect just an update yet of Jellybean 4.2.1 version, so CyanogenMod developers provided a stable Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware.
Here is the sum up of the update using CyanogenMod.
All data in your device should be turned off in the middle of the firmware update. The steps below will guide for any back up. One reminder: Do not back up HTC One X+ using a ROM manager to avoid bricking.
SMS - Use "SMS backup & restore app"
Contacts - Sync with Gmail
Call log - "Call log and restore"
Multimedia and data files - Copy to internal or external SD card
APN & MMS Settings - Note down from the path "Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Points Names"
Make sure to check this path: Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging. Enable the USB debugging and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
Battery Level should not be below 30% or there will be risk of damage to the device during the firmware update.
Turn off all antiviruses in the computer to avoid interruption during the update. Double check that the USB Read/Write rights in the computer is enabling.
Follow the instructions carefully and do not perform acts that are not included in the procedure to avoid bricking the device.
Steps to Update HTC One X+ with Jellybean 4.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Firmware
1. Download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package (http://goo.im/devs/maxwen/AOKP-enrc2b/AOKP-42-20121229.zip) and Google Apps Package (http//www.mediafire.com/?cz26c3moqtwhxuk) to the computer. Place both download in the same place inside the device.
2. Disconnect the device from the computer, turn it off and reboot it in the recovery mode from the boot loader mode.
3. The bootloader mode in HTC One X+ can be entered by pressing Volume up Key + Ok button and hold both simultaneously press Power button.
4. Select "recovery" in the boot loader mode.
5. Wipe data/factory reset and also select Wipe Cache partition to clear all cache data.
6. Select the "install zip from SD card" then choose the update zip of Cyanogen mod 10.1. Do the same with the Google Apps Package.
7. Once finished, select "reboot system now" for restart the device to the normal mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales