20-Yr-Old Tunisian Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs, DOA Over Bet Gone Wrong [PHOTO]
By Arlene Paredes | December 28, 2012 11:24 AM EST
A 20-year-old man who had reportedly bet he could eat 30 raw eggs in a row suffered severe stomach pains and was later pronounced dead.
Other reports indicate the bet involved only 28 eggs, which would mean Fatnassi would have won some cash if tragedy did not strike.
After downing 28 eggs, Fatnassi suffered severe stomach pains that eventually made him pass out. His friends had called emergency services, but the young man died before he could receive medical attention, according to Tunisia's Shems FM radio station.
The identities of the people on the other side of the bet have not been disclosed. Shem FM reported Wednesday:
"Doctors were called in after the young man felt strong stomach pains, but he died before medical assistance could reach him."
Despite the conditions surrounding the bet, an investigation is being conducted before the official cause of death is announced. Foul play has been reportedly ruled out.
Cooking eggs is known to lessen the risk of contracting Salmonella, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning.
Not long ago, Florida man Edward Archbold died shortly after winning in a roach eating competition called, "Eat Bugs For B-less Contest." A medical examiner's report stated Archbold died from "asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate