20-Yr-Old Tunisian Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs, DOA Over Bet Gone Wrong [PHOTO]
By Arlene Paredes | December 28, 2012 11:24 AM EST
A 20-year-old man who had reportedly bet he could eat 30 raw eggs in a row suffered severe stomach pains and was later pronounced dead.
Other reports indicate the bet involved only 28 eggs, which would mean Fatnassi would have won some cash if tragedy did not strike.
After downing 28 eggs, Fatnassi suffered severe stomach pains that eventually made him pass out. His friends had called emergency services, but the young man died before he could receive medical attention, according to Tunisia's Shems FM radio station.
The identities of the people on the other side of the bet have not been disclosed. Shem FM reported Wednesday:
"Doctors were called in after the young man felt strong stomach pains, but he died before medical assistance could reach him."
Despite the conditions surrounding the bet, an investigation is being conducted before the official cause of death is announced. Foul play has been reportedly ruled out.
Cooking eggs is known to lessen the risk of contracting Salmonella, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning.
Not long ago, Florida man Edward Archbold died shortly after winning in a roach eating competition called, "Eat Bugs For B-less Contest." A medical examiner's report stated Archbold died from "asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop