20-Yr-Old Tunisian Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs, DOA Over Bet Gone Wrong [PHOTO]
By Arlene Paredes | December 28, 2012 11:24 AM EST
A 20-year-old man who had reportedly bet he could eat 30 raw eggs in a row suffered severe stomach pains and was later pronounced dead.
Other reports indicate the bet involved only 28 eggs, which would mean Fatnassi would have won some cash if tragedy did not strike.
After downing 28 eggs, Fatnassi suffered severe stomach pains that eventually made him pass out. His friends had called emergency services, but the young man died before he could receive medical attention, according to Tunisia's Shems FM radio station.
The identities of the people on the other side of the bet have not been disclosed. Shem FM reported Wednesday:
"Doctors were called in after the young man felt strong stomach pains, but he died before medical assistance could reach him."
Despite the conditions surrounding the bet, an investigation is being conducted before the official cause of death is announced. Foul play has been reportedly ruled out.
Cooking eggs is known to lessen the risk of contracting Salmonella, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning.
Not long ago, Florida man Edward Archbold died shortly after winning in a roach eating competition called, "Eat Bugs For B-less Contest." A medical examiner's report stated Archbold died from "asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- New Zealand Election Countdown: Final Campaign Week Marred With More Controversial 'Revelations'
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional