20-Yr-Old Tunisian Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs, DOA Over Bet Gone Wrong [PHOTO]
By Arlene Paredes | December 28, 2012 11:24 AM EST
A 20-year-old man who had reportedly bet he could eat 30 raw eggs in a row suffered severe stomach pains and was later pronounced dead.
Other reports indicate the bet involved only 28 eggs, which would mean Fatnassi would have won some cash if tragedy did not strike.
After downing 28 eggs, Fatnassi suffered severe stomach pains that eventually made him pass out. His friends had called emergency services, but the young man died before he could receive medical attention, according to Tunisia's Shems FM radio station.
The identities of the people on the other side of the bet have not been disclosed. Shem FM reported Wednesday:
"Doctors were called in after the young man felt strong stomach pains, but he died before medical assistance could reach him."
Despite the conditions surrounding the bet, an investigation is being conducted before the official cause of death is announced. Foul play has been reportedly ruled out.
Cooking eggs is known to lessen the risk of contracting Salmonella, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning.
Not long ago, Florida man Edward Archbold died shortly after winning in a roach eating competition called, "Eat Bugs For B-less Contest." A medical examiner's report stated Archbold died from "asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists