Inter Milan Plot January Move for Unwanted Arsenal Star - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | December 22, 2012 11:06 PM EST
Inter Milan are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh during the January transfer window, as are London rivals West Ham United.
The Morocco international is expected to leave the Gunners after making just four first-team appearances this season. The Nerazzurri, who are in the market for a forward, could now bring the 28-year-old to the Giuseppe Meazza during the New Year, according to Metro.
The report claims Chamakh's agent recommended the striker to Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni and the manager has now informed club owner Massimo Moratti he is open to a transfer.
Chamakh's former club, Bordeaux, are interested in bringing the forward back to Ligue 1 but refuse to match Arsenal's £3m price tag and are also finding it difficult to match the £60,000 per week wages the Moroccan receives at the Emirates.
West Ham also remain keen on Chamakh, according to the report, but Sam Allardyce wants the striker to have a loan stint with the Hammers before committing to a transfer.
Cazorla: England Should Have Winter Break
Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla feels Premier League players also deserve a winter break, like footballers in other European leagues.
The Spaniard, who scored a hat-trick against Reading last week, is used to a rest over the festive period, with previous clubs Villarreal and Malaga. But he is now expected to play three Premier League games within 12 days with the Gunners.
"I do think a winter break is beneficial because you are able to disconnect mentally, psychologically. There are times when you become saturated with games, you are unclear about things. The winter break, that happens in Spain and it makes you feel more relaxed mentally," Cazorla told ESPN.
"I think that the Premier League overall is already tough with regards to the number of matches that you have to play in a row, so I do not think the month of December is very different from the rest of the months," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks