Inter Milan Plot January Move for Unwanted Arsenal Star - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | December 22, 2012 11:06 PM EST
Inter Milan are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh during the January transfer window, as are London rivals West Ham United.
The Morocco international is expected to leave the Gunners after making just four first-team appearances this season. The Nerazzurri, who are in the market for a forward, could now bring the 28-year-old to the Giuseppe Meazza during the New Year, according to Metro.
The report claims Chamakh's agent recommended the striker to Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni and the manager has now informed club owner Massimo Moratti he is open to a transfer.
Chamakh's former club, Bordeaux, are interested in bringing the forward back to Ligue 1 but refuse to match Arsenal's £3m price tag and are also finding it difficult to match the £60,000 per week wages the Moroccan receives at the Emirates.
West Ham also remain keen on Chamakh, according to the report, but Sam Allardyce wants the striker to have a loan stint with the Hammers before committing to a transfer.
Cazorla: England Should Have Winter Break
Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla feels Premier League players also deserve a winter break, like footballers in other European leagues.
The Spaniard, who scored a hat-trick against Reading last week, is used to a rest over the festive period, with previous clubs Villarreal and Malaga. But he is now expected to play three Premier League games within 12 days with the Gunners.
"I do think a winter break is beneficial because you are able to disconnect mentally, psychologically. There are times when you become saturated with games, you are unclear about things. The winter break, that happens in Spain and it makes you feel more relaxed mentally," Cazorla told ESPN.
"I think that the Premier League overall is already tough with regards to the number of matches that you have to play in a row, so I do not think the month of December is very different from the rest of the months," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports