Inter Milan Plot January Move for Unwanted Arsenal Star - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | December 22, 2012 11:06 PM EST
Inter Milan are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh during the January transfer window, as are London rivals West Ham United.
The Morocco international is expected to leave the Gunners after making just four first-team appearances this season. The Nerazzurri, who are in the market for a forward, could now bring the 28-year-old to the Giuseppe Meazza during the New Year, according to Metro.
The report claims Chamakh's agent recommended the striker to Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni and the manager has now informed club owner Massimo Moratti he is open to a transfer.
Chamakh's former club, Bordeaux, are interested in bringing the forward back to Ligue 1 but refuse to match Arsenal's £3m price tag and are also finding it difficult to match the £60,000 per week wages the Moroccan receives at the Emirates.
West Ham also remain keen on Chamakh, according to the report, but Sam Allardyce wants the striker to have a loan stint with the Hammers before committing to a transfer.
Cazorla: England Should Have Winter Break
Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla feels Premier League players also deserve a winter break, like footballers in other European leagues.
The Spaniard, who scored a hat-trick against Reading last week, is used to a rest over the festive period, with previous clubs Villarreal and Malaga. But he is now expected to play three Premier League games within 12 days with the Gunners.
"I do think a winter break is beneficial because you are able to disconnect mentally, psychologically. There are times when you become saturated with games, you are unclear about things. The winter break, that happens in Spain and it makes you feel more relaxed mentally," Cazorla told ESPN.
"I think that the Premier League overall is already tough with regards to the number of matches that you have to play in a row, so I do not think the month of December is very different from the rest of the months," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Marin Cilic Is The Third-Highest Earner On ATP Tour With His $3M US Open Prize Money
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone