Inter Milan Plot January Move for Unwanted Arsenal Star - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | December 22, 2012 11:06 PM EST
Inter Milan are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh during the January transfer window, as are London rivals West Ham United.
The Morocco international is expected to leave the Gunners after making just four first-team appearances this season. The Nerazzurri, who are in the market for a forward, could now bring the 28-year-old to the Giuseppe Meazza during the New Year, according to Metro.
The report claims Chamakh's agent recommended the striker to Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni and the manager has now informed club owner Massimo Moratti he is open to a transfer.
Chamakh's former club, Bordeaux, are interested in bringing the forward back to Ligue 1 but refuse to match Arsenal's £3m price tag and are also finding it difficult to match the £60,000 per week wages the Moroccan receives at the Emirates.
West Ham also remain keen on Chamakh, according to the report, but Sam Allardyce wants the striker to have a loan stint with the Hammers before committing to a transfer.
Cazorla: England Should Have Winter Break
Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla feels Premier League players also deserve a winter break, like footballers in other European leagues.
The Spaniard, who scored a hat-trick against Reading last week, is used to a rest over the festive period, with previous clubs Villarreal and Malaga. But he is now expected to play three Premier League games within 12 days with the Gunners.
"I do think a winter break is beneficial because you are able to disconnect mentally, psychologically. There are times when you become saturated with games, you are unclear about things. The winter break, that happens in Spain and it makes you feel more relaxed mentally," Cazorla told ESPN.
"I think that the Premier League overall is already tough with regards to the number of matches that you have to play in a row, so I do not think the month of December is very different from the rest of the months," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How