Inter Milan Plot January Move for Unwanted Arsenal Star - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | December 22, 2012 11:06 PM EST
Inter Milan are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh during the January transfer window, as are London rivals West Ham United.
The Morocco international is expected to leave the Gunners after making just four first-team appearances this season. The Nerazzurri, who are in the market for a forward, could now bring the 28-year-old to the Giuseppe Meazza during the New Year, according to Metro.
The report claims Chamakh's agent recommended the striker to Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni and the manager has now informed club owner Massimo Moratti he is open to a transfer.
Chamakh's former club, Bordeaux, are interested in bringing the forward back to Ligue 1 but refuse to match Arsenal's £3m price tag and are also finding it difficult to match the £60,000 per week wages the Moroccan receives at the Emirates.
West Ham also remain keen on Chamakh, according to the report, but Sam Allardyce wants the striker to have a loan stint with the Hammers before committing to a transfer.
Cazorla: England Should Have Winter Break
Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla feels Premier League players also deserve a winter break, like footballers in other European leagues.
The Spaniard, who scored a hat-trick against Reading last week, is used to a rest over the festive period, with previous clubs Villarreal and Malaga. But he is now expected to play three Premier League games within 12 days with the Gunners.
"I do think a winter break is beneficial because you are able to disconnect mentally, psychologically. There are times when you become saturated with games, you are unclear about things. The winter break, that happens in Spain and it makes you feel more relaxed mentally," Cazorla told ESPN.
"I think that the Premier League overall is already tough with regards to the number of matches that you have to play in a row, so I do not think the month of December is very different from the rest of the months," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People