Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand: Which Cheaper GS3 Version is Better?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 21, 2012 12:41 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Grand has a big 5-inch display with 800x480 pixel resolution. It is powered by a dual core processor rated at 1.2 GHz with 1GB of RAM.
Surprisingly, the new smartphone runs with Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. Moreover, it has a single SIM and dual SIM versions on launch.
The new smartphone will share the same target market with Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Samsung keeps on producing cheap smartphones to cater on other markets.
Last month, the Korean tech company has launched its mid-range Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the global market. It goes for the new smartphone users. It is speculated to be popular in such market since it is powerful yet cheap.
The smaller version sports a 4-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The handset has a WVGA display, a 5-megapixel camera, a dual-core processor, and the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box.
Below is the comparison of Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Grand.
Screen Display - Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has a 4-inch screen display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels; while the Samsung Galaxy Grand has a screen display with the same pixel resolution but is bigger by one inch.
Processor - Samsung Galaxy Grand wins with its 1.2GHz dual core processor and 1GB of RAM compared to Samsung Galaxy S3's 1GHz dual core Cortex-A9 CPU paired with 1GB of RAM.
Storage - Samsung Galaxy Grand has 8GB of built-in memory and you can add as much as 64GB of extra memory using microSD slot. The miniature version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 rolled out with 8GB and 16GB versions. MicroSD slot supports memory sticks up to 32GB.
Camera - Samsung has included an 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera with Galaxy Grand. The S III Mini has only a 5MP rear camera and a VGA front camera.
Connectivity - Both the devices will run on GSM and HSPA+ networks. Common features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microUSB port are there with the handsets.
Price and Availability - The cheaper version of Galaxy S 3 was launched in October 2012 and is now available in various markets worldwide On the other hand, Samsung has not yet revealed the price and availability of the new Galaxy Grand. It is hoped that the phone will come in all major markets like the U.S. But, we are too early to talk about the price and release of the device. Maybe, the dual SIM model will be heading to some Asian markets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast