Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand: Which Cheaper GS3 Version is Better?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 21, 2012 12:41 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Grand has a big 5-inch display with 800x480 pixel resolution. It is powered by a dual core processor rated at 1.2 GHz with 1GB of RAM.
Surprisingly, the new smartphone runs with Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. Moreover, it has a single SIM and dual SIM versions on launch.
The new smartphone will share the same target market with Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Samsung keeps on producing cheap smartphones to cater on other markets.
Last month, the Korean tech company has launched its mid-range Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the global market. It goes for the new smartphone users. It is speculated to be popular in such market since it is powerful yet cheap.
The smaller version sports a 4-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The handset has a WVGA display, a 5-megapixel camera, a dual-core processor, and the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box.
Below is the comparison of Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Grand.
Screen Display - Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has a 4-inch screen display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels; while the Samsung Galaxy Grand has a screen display with the same pixel resolution but is bigger by one inch.
Processor - Samsung Galaxy Grand wins with its 1.2GHz dual core processor and 1GB of RAM compared to Samsung Galaxy S3's 1GHz dual core Cortex-A9 CPU paired with 1GB of RAM.
Storage - Samsung Galaxy Grand has 8GB of built-in memory and you can add as much as 64GB of extra memory using microSD slot. The miniature version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 rolled out with 8GB and 16GB versions. MicroSD slot supports memory sticks up to 32GB.
Camera - Samsung has included an 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera with Galaxy Grand. The S III Mini has only a 5MP rear camera and a VGA front camera.
Connectivity - Both the devices will run on GSM and HSPA+ networks. Common features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microUSB port are there with the handsets.
Price and Availability - The cheaper version of Galaxy S 3 was launched in October 2012 and is now available in various markets worldwide On the other hand, Samsung has not yet revealed the price and availability of the new Galaxy Grand. It is hoped that the phone will come in all major markets like the U.S. But, we are too early to talk about the price and release of the device. Maybe, the dual SIM model will be heading to some Asian markets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary