Doomsday Drinking: Apocalyptic Drinks And Party Drinking Games That Will End Your World
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 21, 2012 2:40 AM EST
The rumored Mayan apocalypse on Friday, Dec. 21, 2012 is almost here so what a better way to spend doomsday than lapping up the vino?
IBTimes culled together some of the best drinks and drinking games for your last night on Earth, if the end of the world predictions are accurate.
According to interpretations of the Mayan calendar, many believe an apocalypse will happen because Dec. 21 marks the date of the winter solstice, signaling the end of the 400-year cycle called the 13th b'ak'tun. Scholars of the Mayan calendar have said ancient Maya do not believe this day would be apocalyptic but rather may have a cosmic event that some interpret to mean the end of life.
A writer from Live Science recently explained that many misinterpret the Maya Long Count Calendar's b'ak'tun, which is actually "a benchmark the Maya would have seen as a full cycle of creation."
So even if the world doesn't end on Friday, at least you could say you had a good fake last night on Earth. But be careful, police in San Francisco -- and presumably elsewhere -- said law enforcement will be patrolling rampantly for drunken patrons and drunk drivers.
And think of it this way. If the world does end on Friday, you won't have to worry about a hangover!
The Apocalypse: This end all drink is made with peppermint Schnapps, vodka, coffee liqueur, bourbon, Creme de Menthe and peach liqueur. Add hot chocolate in a coffee mug for some heat.
The End of the World, an aptly named drink, is actually a shot made with Bacardi 151, Wild Turkey and vodka.
La Fin Du Monde, which means “The End of the World” in French, is a 9 percent ABV tripel brewed by Unibroue in Canada.
Adios Motherf--ker: Say "Adios" to sobriety with this drink, made with vodka, rum, tequila, gin, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour mix and Sprite.
Stone’s Enjoy By 12.21.12 IPA is a special doomsday themed 9.4 percent ABV double IPA brewed with fresh ingredients the brewers insist should be consumed by Dec. 21.
Idea 1: Apocalyptic Pictionary
While there are no doomsday-theme board games out there, why not use a board game you already own like Pictionary? Create new cards using apocalyptic terms. For "Persons," try "The Anti-Christ", "The Four Horsemen", or "The Grim Reaper." For "Objects," use "Atomic Bomb", "Bomb Shelter", or "Genetically Engineered Virus." For "Actions," use "Death by Radiation", "Asteroid", or "Magnetism".
Idea 2: Charades
Play Charades as usual, but use doomsday themed ideas to act out. Think outside of the box by using movies, books and television shows with apocalyptic undertones.
Idea 3: Take a drink, Finish a drink
Set up rules with your friends or family beforehand when you should take a drink or finish a drink. For example: Take a drink when your iPhone runs low on battery. Finish a drink when your iPhone becomes a laser beam and explodes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks