Doomsday Drinking: Apocalyptic Drinks And Party Drinking Games That Will End Your World
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 21, 2012 2:40 AM EST
The rumored Mayan apocalypse on Friday, Dec. 21, 2012 is almost here so what a better way to spend doomsday than lapping up the vino?
IBTimes culled together some of the best drinks and drinking games for your last night on Earth, if the end of the world predictions are accurate.
According to interpretations of the Mayan calendar, many believe an apocalypse will happen because Dec. 21 marks the date of the winter solstice, signaling the end of the 400-year cycle called the 13th b'ak'tun. Scholars of the Mayan calendar have said ancient Maya do not believe this day would be apocalyptic but rather may have a cosmic event that some interpret to mean the end of life.
A writer from Live Science recently explained that many misinterpret the Maya Long Count Calendar's b'ak'tun, which is actually "a benchmark the Maya would have seen as a full cycle of creation."
So even if the world doesn't end on Friday, at least you could say you had a good fake last night on Earth. But be careful, police in San Francisco -- and presumably elsewhere -- said law enforcement will be patrolling rampantly for drunken patrons and drunk drivers.
And think of it this way. If the world does end on Friday, you won't have to worry about a hangover!
The Apocalypse: This end all drink is made with peppermint Schnapps, vodka, coffee liqueur, bourbon, Creme de Menthe and peach liqueur. Add hot chocolate in a coffee mug for some heat.
The End of the World, an aptly named drink, is actually a shot made with Bacardi 151, Wild Turkey and vodka.
La Fin Du Monde, which means “The End of the World” in French, is a 9 percent ABV tripel brewed by Unibroue in Canada.
Adios Motherf--ker: Say "Adios" to sobriety with this drink, made with vodka, rum, tequila, gin, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour mix and Sprite.
Stone’s Enjoy By 12.21.12 IPA is a special doomsday themed 9.4 percent ABV double IPA brewed with fresh ingredients the brewers insist should be consumed by Dec. 21.
Idea 1: Apocalyptic Pictionary
While there are no doomsday-theme board games out there, why not use a board game you already own like Pictionary? Create new cards using apocalyptic terms. For "Persons," try "The Anti-Christ", "The Four Horsemen", or "The Grim Reaper." For "Objects," use "Atomic Bomb", "Bomb Shelter", or "Genetically Engineered Virus." For "Actions," use "Death by Radiation", "Asteroid", or "Magnetism".
Idea 2: Charades
Play Charades as usual, but use doomsday themed ideas to act out. Think outside of the box by using movies, books and television shows with apocalyptic undertones.
Idea 3: Take a drink, Finish a drink
Set up rules with your friends or family beforehand when you should take a drink or finish a drink. For example: Take a drink when your iPhone runs low on battery. Finish a drink when your iPhone becomes a laser beam and explodes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan