Tim Tebow Breakup: Star Punt Protector And Camilla Belle Call It Quits
By Eli Epstein | December 21, 2012 1:34 AM EST
Last year around this time, Tim Tebow was the toast of the town. Miraculously (can you say divinely?), the former Florida star had snagged an NFL spot and made the most of it, leading the Broncos to the playoffs even when the naysayers said his mechanics and field IQ would never translate to the NFL.
You couldn't go three minutes without hearing Tebow's name or seeing his wide-jawed smile. While the same may be true to a lesser extent today (you still see us writing about it, don't you?), Tebow's name has plummeted in sporting lure. What once was a feel good story about the Little Engine that could, is now more of a forlorn remembrance of a guy that was stuck running pitiful QB draws and providing punt coverage this season.
That's all on-the-field. Away from MetLife, things aren't going much better for the fallen star. According to US Weekly, Tebow and girlfriend Camilla Belle have called it quits after two months of dating.
A source told US Weekly that things just weren't working out for the pair.
Keep in mind that these probably weren't bedroom problems. Tebow has vowed to stay celibate until marriage.
In October, Tebow and Belle were spotted holding hands and enjoying a round of bowling in Jacksonville, where the former Gators QB is still revered, and where he could very well wind up next season, if the Jets choose not to retain him.
Before Tebow, Belle reportedly dated Jonas lovebug Joe. The American actress has starred in "Push" and "10,000 BC," among other films.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013