Psy: President Obama had to Give Up Doing the Gangnam Style Dance [VIDEO]
By Toyin Owoseje | December 21, 2012 12:47 AM EST
Psy has revealed that President Obama told him he has had to give up doing the 'Gangnam Style' dance for fear of embarrassing his family.
The Korean, who performed his hit dancetrack for the American Leader and guests at the Christmas in Washington benefit, claimed that Obama's moves had not gone down well at the White House.
The rapper told the Hollywood Reporter: "He told me he's good at 'Gangnam Style' but that the ladies at his house are embarrassed when he's dancing so he's not doing it."
Psy's revelation comes just days after he issued a full apology for threatening to kill Americans in one of his singles from 2002. He is said to have written the song after a US military vehicle ran over and killed two Korean girls.
The song featured violent lyrics including: "Kill those Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives/Kill those Yankees who ordered them to torture/Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers/Kill them slowly and painfully."
Psy achieved worldwide success with the release of Gangnam Style this summer. The catchy song has topped the charts in more than 20 countries, and its accompanying video has become the most viewed YouTube video of all time with almost a billion views.
A Koreatown restaurant in LA, originally known as Soju Town, has also renamed itself following the song's phenomenal success. Although the owners did not get the star's permission to use the name Gangnam Style, he apparently took it as a compliment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy