Playboy Gives Corset a Sari Twist for Indian Bunnies [PHOTO]
By IB Times Staff Reporter | December 20, 2012 9:26 PM EST
Playboy Club has finally unveiled its new customized bunny costume in India during a press conference on Wednesday. For the first time, the traditional "bunny suit" has been transformed to suit Indian tastes.
Bunnies at the club are usually dressed in suits, which are inspired by the tuxedo-wearing Playboy rabbit mascot. The costume consists of a corset, bunny ears, a collar, cuffs and a fluffy rabbit tail.
Bunny costumes for India get major tweaks. The trademark bunny ears, collar, cuffs and rabbit tail will remain the same, but the corset has an allusion of a sari and is paired with a translucent full-length skirt in black.
Zeenat Sanghavi, fashion consultant to PB Lifestyle, told The Times of India that waitresses at the club in India will wear long drapes of chiffon that have been added to the original satin corset costume.
"We had to design the costume for the Indian market to not offend sensibilities. It's chic and conservative," she told TOI.
The new Indian bunny costume is designed by US-based designer Mohini Tadikonda.
"My biggest challenge fell below the waist. At first, I wasn't sure how to work around the hip exposure that is iconic to the American Bunny costume. The upper portion of the bustier was not an issue and I was able to leave that untouched. I knew that the hip had to be covered, so I developed concepts that addressed the questionable area while still allowing an illusion of exposure," Tadikonda told TOI.
The first Indian Playboy club was scheduled to open by mid-December in Goa but its unveiling is delayed to early next year. The 22,000-square-foot club will be set up in North Goa's Candolim beach.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected