Playboy Gives Corset a Sari Twist for Indian Bunnies [PHOTO]
By IB Times Staff Reporter | December 20, 2012 9:26 PM EST
Playboy Club has finally unveiled its new customized bunny costume in India during a press conference on Wednesday. For the first time, the traditional "bunny suit" has been transformed to suit Indian tastes.
Bunnies at the club are usually dressed in suits, which are inspired by the tuxedo-wearing Playboy rabbit mascot. The costume consists of a corset, bunny ears, a collar, cuffs and a fluffy rabbit tail.
Bunny costumes for India get major tweaks. The trademark bunny ears, collar, cuffs and rabbit tail will remain the same, but the corset has an allusion of a sari and is paired with a translucent full-length skirt in black.
Zeenat Sanghavi, fashion consultant to PB Lifestyle, told The Times of India that waitresses at the club in India will wear long drapes of chiffon that have been added to the original satin corset costume.
"We had to design the costume for the Indian market to not offend sensibilities. It's chic and conservative," she told TOI.
The new Indian bunny costume is designed by US-based designer Mohini Tadikonda.
"My biggest challenge fell below the waist. At first, I wasn't sure how to work around the hip exposure that is iconic to the American Bunny costume. The upper portion of the bustier was not an issue and I was able to leave that untouched. I knew that the hip had to be covered, so I developed concepts that addressed the questionable area while still allowing an illusion of exposure," Tadikonda told TOI.
The first Indian Playboy club was scheduled to open by mid-December in Goa but its unveiling is delayed to early next year. The 22,000-square-foot club will be set up in North Goa's Candolim beach.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage