American Olivia Culpo Crowned Miss Universe 2012
By Geetha Pillai | December 20, 2012 3:41 PM EST
America's Olivia Culpo has won the Miss Universe 2012 title, beating beauties from around the world and becoming the first US woman to take the crown since 1997.
Janine Tugonon of Philippines was crowned the first runner-up while Miss Venezuela, Irene Sofia Esser Quintero, finished third in the Las Vegas pageant.
Culpo was crowned by last year's winner, Leila Lopes of Angola.
The fourth and fifth place went to Miss Australia, Renae Ayris, and Miss Brazil, Gabriela Markus. The Miss Congeniality title went to Miss Guatemala, Laura Godoy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar