Apple iPad Mini 2 Rumors: Upcoming Tablet to Have Retina Display and Early Launch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 20, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Recent reports suggest Apple is currently speeding up on the production of the iPad mini 2. Gene Munster, the Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst at Piper Jaffray, claimed that Apple will launch the next iPad mini with a high-resolution Retina display on the early months of 2013.
According to Doug Freedman, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, Apple is already assembling parts from companies such as Texas Instruments for the iPad mini 2. "iPad Mini Gen-2: Apple's gen-2 iPad mini is getting pulled-in and is likely to have several new suppliers, the TXN gaining content," Freedman indicated on his research note.
Analyst Doug Freedman also believes that the latest tablet will be released very soon. However, Freedman never mentioned in his research note the exact date the upcoming Apple's device will be launched.
Though Apple usually releases their hit gadgets annually, it now appears that the California-based company is pushing up the schedule earlier in order to aggressively compete with the other technology gadgets launched. For instance, Apple released the iPad 4th Gen seven months after the third-generation model was launched.
Even though the 7.9-inch tablet was just launched in October, speculations began pointing out that the next iPad mini will feature the Apple's Retina Display technology.
Supply chain sources reportedly told DigiTimes earlier this month about the improved resolution on the next iPad mini. Other market analysts also told the web site that iPad mini 2 will still be based on the previously released full-sized iPad generations.
With the fast-approaching end of the year 2012, gadget enthusiasts can now at least have an idea what to expect for the upcoming year with Apple's soon to be released gadgets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef