Apple iPad Mini 2 Rumors: Upcoming Tablet to Have Retina Display and Early Launch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 20, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Recent reports suggest Apple is currently speeding up on the production of the iPad mini 2. Gene Munster, the Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst at Piper Jaffray, claimed that Apple will launch the next iPad mini with a high-resolution Retina display on the early months of 2013.
According to Doug Freedman, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, Apple is already assembling parts from companies such as Texas Instruments for the iPad mini 2. "iPad Mini Gen-2: Apple's gen-2 iPad mini is getting pulled-in and is likely to have several new suppliers, the TXN gaining content," Freedman indicated on his research note.
Analyst Doug Freedman also believes that the latest tablet will be released very soon. However, Freedman never mentioned in his research note the exact date the upcoming Apple's device will be launched.
Though Apple usually releases their hit gadgets annually, it now appears that the California-based company is pushing up the schedule earlier in order to aggressively compete with the other technology gadgets launched. For instance, Apple released the iPad 4th Gen seven months after the third-generation model was launched.
Even though the 7.9-inch tablet was just launched in October, speculations began pointing out that the next iPad mini will feature the Apple's Retina Display technology.
Supply chain sources reportedly told DigiTimes earlier this month about the improved resolution on the next iPad mini. Other market analysts also told the web site that iPad mini 2 will still be based on the previously released full-sized iPad generations.
With the fast-approaching end of the year 2012, gadget enthusiasts can now at least have an idea what to expect for the upcoming year with Apple's soon to be released gadgets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’