Apple iPad Mini 2 Rumors: Upcoming Tablet to Have Retina Display and Early Launch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 20, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Recent reports suggest Apple is currently speeding up on the production of the iPad mini 2. Gene Munster, the Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst at Piper Jaffray, claimed that Apple will launch the next iPad mini with a high-resolution Retina display on the early months of 2013.
According to Doug Freedman, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, Apple is already assembling parts from companies such as Texas Instruments for the iPad mini 2. "iPad Mini Gen-2: Apple's gen-2 iPad mini is getting pulled-in and is likely to have several new suppliers, the TXN gaining content," Freedman indicated on his research note.
Analyst Doug Freedman also believes that the latest tablet will be released very soon. However, Freedman never mentioned in his research note the exact date the upcoming Apple's device will be launched.
Though Apple usually releases their hit gadgets annually, it now appears that the California-based company is pushing up the schedule earlier in order to aggressively compete with the other technology gadgets launched. For instance, Apple released the iPad 4th Gen seven months after the third-generation model was launched.
Even though the 7.9-inch tablet was just launched in October, speculations began pointing out that the next iPad mini will feature the Apple's Retina Display technology.
Supply chain sources reportedly told DigiTimes earlier this month about the improved resolution on the next iPad mini. Other market analysts also told the web site that iPad mini 2 will still be based on the previously released full-sized iPad generations.
With the fast-approaching end of the year 2012, gadget enthusiasts can now at least have an idea what to expect for the upcoming year with Apple's soon to be released gadgets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown