Apple iPad Mini 2 Rumors: Upcoming Tablet to Have Retina Display and Early Launch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 20, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Recent reports suggest Apple is currently speeding up on the production of the iPad mini 2. Gene Munster, the Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst at Piper Jaffray, claimed that Apple will launch the next iPad mini with a high-resolution Retina display on the early months of 2013.
According to Doug Freedman, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, Apple is already assembling parts from companies such as Texas Instruments for the iPad mini 2. "iPad Mini Gen-2: Apple's gen-2 iPad mini is getting pulled-in and is likely to have several new suppliers, the TXN gaining content," Freedman indicated on his research note.
Analyst Doug Freedman also believes that the latest tablet will be released very soon. However, Freedman never mentioned in his research note the exact date the upcoming Apple's device will be launched.
Though Apple usually releases their hit gadgets annually, it now appears that the California-based company is pushing up the schedule earlier in order to aggressively compete with the other technology gadgets launched. For instance, Apple released the iPad 4th Gen seven months after the third-generation model was launched.
Even though the 7.9-inch tablet was just launched in October, speculations began pointing out that the next iPad mini will feature the Apple's Retina Display technology.
Supply chain sources reportedly told DigiTimes earlier this month about the improved resolution on the next iPad mini. Other market analysts also told the web site that iPad mini 2 will still be based on the previously released full-sized iPad generations.
With the fast-approaching end of the year 2012, gadget enthusiasts can now at least have an idea what to expect for the upcoming year with Apple's soon to be released gadgets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. LG G2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display