iPhone 6 Early Release Date to Include ‘Super HD’ Screen Display and Camera?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 20, 2012 12:51 PM EST
The iPhone 5 is still rolling out in a few countries but its successor may be on its way to the tech market packed with an even more amazing camera and screen display.
This notion is backed up by an analyst. According to Jefferies stock analyst Peter Misek, "the iPhone 5S has a new 'super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC,' and 'possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage."
Other rumours claimed that iPhone 6 will steer away from its usual hues of black and white and will offer 6 to 8 different colours like the iPod line to attract younger generations in buying the handset.
It is believed that early 2013 will herald a new product from the tech giant Apple and will release the successor of its latest smartphone - iPhone 6 or iPhone 5S.
Reports indicate that Apple is looking to switch to a 6-month cycle instead of a 1-year cycle with the iPhone to be more aggressive against competitors such as Samsung and Google. This means consumers may be able to snatch up a colorful iPhone 6 around March 2013.
Asymco's analyst Horace Dediu believes that Apple's future will indeed consist of a new generation of device every six months. This assumption is based on the statement of former Apple CEO John Sculley.
According to Sculley, the company is "going through a very significant change now in terms of product cycles," and that "now it's really introducing products twice a year."
There has been a lot of concern lately that iPhone 5 demand has slowed, based on rumours that suggest Apple has cut back on orders from its suppliers who make the iPhone 5.
An early release date is a way of Apple in regaining its glory being on top of the tech market after most of its products launched the last few months were overshadowed by its competitors. Dediu says that the current predictability of the iPhone's annual launch means that most competitors are probably already preparing to update their models in spring.
As usual, the company remained tight-lipped about the details of its upcoming smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit