Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date in Mid-2013 with Android Key Lime Pie OS?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 20, 2012 12:02 PM EST
Some Samsung Galaxy S3 users are already complaining on the slow rolling out Android Jelly Bean updates since launch, chances are Samsung will not be looking for a repeat debacle and will almost certainly therefore launch the S4 with Key Lime Pie right out of the box.
Samsung did not anticipated the release of LG Nexus 4, which quickly gained popularity and high demand as it is packed with the latest version of Jelly Bean OS.
Neither Samsung nor Google has yet given any mention to the progress or the existence of Android Key Lime Pie, with release date rumors spanning anywhere from April to October.
In either case, the new build of Android will almost certainly debut with a new Nexus Smartphone before being made available for use with other devices, which could see the wait for the Galaxy S4 launch stretch even further.
Another rumor claimed that Samsung Galaxy S4 will sport a flexible OLED 1080p HD displays. This technology will likely also be featured with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This contradicts the previous report that the device will be equipped with an indestructible screen display.
It was previously reported that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will sport a 5-inch full HD display with full 1080p and a whopping 440 pixels per inch. The device will be powered by two quad core chips.
The Galaxy S4 might also sport a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, which will intimate other smartphones with 8MP back shooters.
The handset should come with a minimum of 2GB RAM, although there are reports that Samsung is testing an unidentified smartphone with 3GB RAM.
Samsung also began mass producing 128GB memory chips for smartphones and tablets earlier this year, and we could see storage capacities that high as early as next year. With this, the Samsung will continue its reign in producing devices with large storage capacity.
Samsung kept mum on the rumors surrounding the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4. There is no official comment from the South Korea's tech giant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report