'Catfish' Will Return For A Second Season On MTV
By Charles Poladian | December 20, 2012 11:48 AM EST
MTV has just announced that “Catfish: The TV Show” will return for a second season. The popular reality show will continue uncovering the truth behind online relationships.
“Catfish: The TV Show” has a very simple premise that has hooked viewers. The show focuses on Yaniv Schulman and Max Joseph. Schulman was the man behind the “Catfish” documentary that spawned the MTV show.
MTV announced the second season on its website on Wednesday.
On “Catfish: The TV Show,” Schulman and Joseph investigate online dating. Each episode centers around an individual who is dating someone online, aiming to get at the truth of the virtual relationship. Each episode concludes with the online partners meeting in real life, seeing if they stack up to the virtual person they claim to be.
Dave Sirulnick, executive producer, said, “Catfish: The TV Show .. has truly captured the zeitgeist of the digital dating age.” Online dating is not taboo or frowned upon these days, and there are numerous dating sites that have attracted millions of users to create profiles and try their luck.
Speaking to MTV News, Schulman said he had a wonderful time working on the show. “We knew how much these people had been affected and how amazing these stories were, and we saw the change in people's lives. It was super exciting for us to be part of that. But, of course, you never really know how an audience is going to react. So it's been really fun. It's so exciting to see people really engaging and enjoying the show and getting it.”
With so many people trying online dating, Sirulnick said the show connected with an audience almost immediately. He told MTV, “The show has profoundly resonated with our audience by portraying the real-life journeys of individuals trying to navigate the highs and lows of online dating — an experience our viewers can relate to. We are thrilled to bring the show back for a second season and look forward to the fascinating stories that only Nev and Max can uncover.”
MTV cites the show's popularity on social media sites as well as its high ratings as reasons for a renewal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch