'Catfish' Will Return For A Second Season On MTV
By Charles Poladian | December 20, 2012 11:48 AM EST
MTV has just announced that “Catfish: The TV Show” will return for a second season. The popular reality show will continue uncovering the truth behind online relationships.
“Catfish: The TV Show” has a very simple premise that has hooked viewers. The show focuses on Yaniv Schulman and Max Joseph. Schulman was the man behind the “Catfish” documentary that spawned the MTV show.
MTV announced the second season on its website on Wednesday.
On “Catfish: The TV Show,” Schulman and Joseph investigate online dating. Each episode centers around an individual who is dating someone online, aiming to get at the truth of the virtual relationship. Each episode concludes with the online partners meeting in real life, seeing if they stack up to the virtual person they claim to be.
Dave Sirulnick, executive producer, said, “Catfish: The TV Show .. has truly captured the zeitgeist of the digital dating age.” Online dating is not taboo or frowned upon these days, and there are numerous dating sites that have attracted millions of users to create profiles and try their luck.
Speaking to MTV News, Schulman said he had a wonderful time working on the show. “We knew how much these people had been affected and how amazing these stories were, and we saw the change in people's lives. It was super exciting for us to be part of that. But, of course, you never really know how an audience is going to react. So it's been really fun. It's so exciting to see people really engaging and enjoying the show and getting it.”
With so many people trying online dating, Sirulnick said the show connected with an audience almost immediately. He told MTV, “The show has profoundly resonated with our audience by portraying the real-life journeys of individuals trying to navigate the highs and lows of online dating — an experience our viewers can relate to. We are thrilled to bring the show back for a second season and look forward to the fascinating stories that only Nev and Max can uncover.”
MTV cites the show's popularity on social media sites as well as its high ratings as reasons for a renewal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles