'Catfish' Will Return For A Second Season On MTV
By Charles Poladian | December 20, 2012 11:48 AM EST
MTV has just announced that “Catfish: The TV Show” will return for a second season. The popular reality show will continue uncovering the truth behind online relationships.
“Catfish: The TV Show” has a very simple premise that has hooked viewers. The show focuses on Yaniv Schulman and Max Joseph. Schulman was the man behind the “Catfish” documentary that spawned the MTV show.
MTV announced the second season on its website on Wednesday.
On “Catfish: The TV Show,” Schulman and Joseph investigate online dating. Each episode centers around an individual who is dating someone online, aiming to get at the truth of the virtual relationship. Each episode concludes with the online partners meeting in real life, seeing if they stack up to the virtual person they claim to be.
Dave Sirulnick, executive producer, said, “Catfish: The TV Show .. has truly captured the zeitgeist of the digital dating age.” Online dating is not taboo or frowned upon these days, and there are numerous dating sites that have attracted millions of users to create profiles and try their luck.
Speaking to MTV News, Schulman said he had a wonderful time working on the show. “We knew how much these people had been affected and how amazing these stories were, and we saw the change in people's lives. It was super exciting for us to be part of that. But, of course, you never really know how an audience is going to react. So it's been really fun. It's so exciting to see people really engaging and enjoying the show and getting it.”
With so many people trying online dating, Sirulnick said the show connected with an audience almost immediately. He told MTV, “The show has profoundly resonated with our audience by portraying the real-life journeys of individuals trying to navigate the highs and lows of online dating — an experience our viewers can relate to. We are thrilled to bring the show back for a second season and look forward to the fascinating stories that only Nev and Max can uncover.”
MTV cites the show's popularity on social media sites as well as its high ratings as reasons for a renewal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine