'Catfish' Will Return For A Second Season On MTV
By Charles Poladian | December 20, 2012 11:48 AM EST
MTV has just announced that “Catfish: The TV Show” will return for a second season. The popular reality show will continue uncovering the truth behind online relationships.
“Catfish: The TV Show” has a very simple premise that has hooked viewers. The show focuses on Yaniv Schulman and Max Joseph. Schulman was the man behind the “Catfish” documentary that spawned the MTV show.
MTV announced the second season on its website on Wednesday.
On “Catfish: The TV Show,” Schulman and Joseph investigate online dating. Each episode centers around an individual who is dating someone online, aiming to get at the truth of the virtual relationship. Each episode concludes with the online partners meeting in real life, seeing if they stack up to the virtual person they claim to be.
Dave Sirulnick, executive producer, said, “Catfish: The TV Show .. has truly captured the zeitgeist of the digital dating age.” Online dating is not taboo or frowned upon these days, and there are numerous dating sites that have attracted millions of users to create profiles and try their luck.
Speaking to MTV News, Schulman said he had a wonderful time working on the show. “We knew how much these people had been affected and how amazing these stories were, and we saw the change in people's lives. It was super exciting for us to be part of that. But, of course, you never really know how an audience is going to react. So it's been really fun. It's so exciting to see people really engaging and enjoying the show and getting it.”
With so many people trying online dating, Sirulnick said the show connected with an audience almost immediately. He told MTV, “The show has profoundly resonated with our audience by portraying the real-life journeys of individuals trying to navigate the highs and lows of online dating — an experience our viewers can relate to. We are thrilled to bring the show back for a second season and look forward to the fascinating stories that only Nev and Max can uncover.”
MTV cites the show's popularity on social media sites as well as its high ratings as reasons for a renewal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics