'Catfish' Will Return For A Second Season On MTV
By Charles Poladian | December 20, 2012 11:48 AM EST
MTV has just announced that “Catfish: The TV Show” will return for a second season. The popular reality show will continue uncovering the truth behind online relationships.
“Catfish: The TV Show” has a very simple premise that has hooked viewers. The show focuses on Yaniv Schulman and Max Joseph. Schulman was the man behind the “Catfish” documentary that spawned the MTV show.
MTV announced the second season on its website on Wednesday.
On “Catfish: The TV Show,” Schulman and Joseph investigate online dating. Each episode centers around an individual who is dating someone online, aiming to get at the truth of the virtual relationship. Each episode concludes with the online partners meeting in real life, seeing if they stack up to the virtual person they claim to be.
Dave Sirulnick, executive producer, said, “Catfish: The TV Show .. has truly captured the zeitgeist of the digital dating age.” Online dating is not taboo or frowned upon these days, and there are numerous dating sites that have attracted millions of users to create profiles and try their luck.
Speaking to MTV News, Schulman said he had a wonderful time working on the show. “We knew how much these people had been affected and how amazing these stories were, and we saw the change in people's lives. It was super exciting for us to be part of that. But, of course, you never really know how an audience is going to react. So it's been really fun. It's so exciting to see people really engaging and enjoying the show and getting it.”
With so many people trying online dating, Sirulnick said the show connected with an audience almost immediately. He told MTV, “The show has profoundly resonated with our audience by portraying the real-life journeys of individuals trying to navigate the highs and lows of online dating — an experience our viewers can relate to. We are thrilled to bring the show back for a second season and look forward to the fascinating stories that only Nev and Max can uncover.”
MTV cites the show's popularity on social media sites as well as its high ratings as reasons for a renewal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft