Did Billy Crystal Bomb Or Make You LOL On ESPN SportsCenter? [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 20, 2012 10:58 AM EST
Billy Crystal made an appearance on ESPN's SportsCenter Wednesday night and depending on who you ask, he either bombed or had people laughing their guts out. Watch the video of his pre-game catchphrase practice and decide for yourself.
It's not quite clear how Billy Crystal, who played an NBA basketball referee in the 1995 film "Forget Paris," was chosen to appear on SportsCenter, but the results were pretty interesting whether or not you find them funny.
Video of the actor practicing his catchphrases backstage at ESPN hit YouTube prior to his apearance on SportsCenter, and the ideas he came up with were hilarious and totally different than the ones you would usually expect to hear. Here's a sampling:
"Boom, l'chaim! ... I'm trying to work on some new phrases. In your matzoh ball. I don't - it's - I'll get it," he said. "There's your kreplach."
Crystal went on to explain the excitement he felt about his ESPN debut, which he said during his on-air appearance has long been on his "bucket list":
"I've done nine Academy Awards, I'm more excited about this than anything I've ever done," he explained, before offering one last gem, "Take that or I'll sue you."
His actual remarks on SportsCenter were also hilarious, as he made quips about some of the big sports stories of the day.
"Three words. Lasik. Eye. Surgery."
He also had a quip for New York Knicks superstar Carmelo Anthony, telling them that next time he sees former New York Head Coach Mike D'Antoni - who is now at the helm of the Lakers - that he should go easy on him as he's "coaching senior citizens" now.
And he saved some of his jokes for the SportsCenter team itself, riffing on a commercial in which ESPN announcers jokingly reveal that they don't wear pants during the show:
"Do they know I'm not wearing pants right now?"
Press play below to watch the video of Billy Crystal practicing his sports-announcing catchphrases before his appearance on ESPN's SportsCenter Wednesday evening:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date