Did Billy Crystal Bomb Or Make You LOL On ESPN SportsCenter? [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 20, 2012 10:58 AM EST
Billy Crystal made an appearance on ESPN's SportsCenter Wednesday night and depending on who you ask, he either bombed or had people laughing their guts out. Watch the video of his pre-game catchphrase practice and decide for yourself.
It's not quite clear how Billy Crystal, who played an NBA basketball referee in the 1995 film "Forget Paris," was chosen to appear on SportsCenter, but the results were pretty interesting whether or not you find them funny.
Video of the actor practicing his catchphrases backstage at ESPN hit YouTube prior to his apearance on SportsCenter, and the ideas he came up with were hilarious and totally different than the ones you would usually expect to hear. Here's a sampling:
"Boom, l'chaim! ... I'm trying to work on some new phrases. In your matzoh ball. I don't - it's - I'll get it," he said. "There's your kreplach."
Crystal went on to explain the excitement he felt about his ESPN debut, which he said during his on-air appearance has long been on his "bucket list":
"I've done nine Academy Awards, I'm more excited about this than anything I've ever done," he explained, before offering one last gem, "Take that or I'll sue you."
His actual remarks on SportsCenter were also hilarious, as he made quips about some of the big sports stories of the day.
"Three words. Lasik. Eye. Surgery."
He also had a quip for New York Knicks superstar Carmelo Anthony, telling them that next time he sees former New York Head Coach Mike D'Antoni - who is now at the helm of the Lakers - that he should go easy on him as he's "coaching senior citizens" now.
And he saved some of his jokes for the SportsCenter team itself, riffing on a commercial in which ESPN announcers jokingly reveal that they don't wear pants during the show:
"Do they know I'm not wearing pants right now?"
Press play below to watch the video of Billy Crystal practicing his sports-announcing catchphrases before his appearance on ESPN's SportsCenter Wednesday evening:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia