Who Won ‘The Voice’ Season 3? Cassadee Pope ‘Inevitably’ Wins Reality Show [VIDEO]
By Maria Vultaggio | December 20, 2012 9:37 AM EST
On Monday and Tuesday the final of episodes of season three of “The Voice” premiered on NBC, with Cassadee Pope "inevitably" winning.
The show was down to its final three contestants: Team Cee Lo's Nicholas David and Team Blake's Terry McDermott and of course, the 23-year-old winner from West Palm Beach, Fla.
Each sang multiple songs, which ranged from new performances to reprising old ones and singing duets with their coaches.
David’s "Great Balls of Fire" was stellar and he kept up the upbeat tempo when he performed "Play That Funky Music." Green actually had a mini-Green dancing in the background.
He decided to bring back his stirring performance of “Lean On Me,” too. While his segment wasn’t the best of the night, it was clear why he belonged in the final three.
Pope matched her best performance when she stepped out onto the “The Voice” stage Monday night.
Her reprise of “Only You” might have been better than her first try at it, and when she did her duet with Shelton, covering “Steve McQueen,” she was easily comparable to rocker Sheryl Crow.
Pope's new song “Cry” was the least impressive of the show, but good enough to help her win the season.
McDermott’s twist on “I Wanna Know What Love Is” was fantastic, but he seemed to falter with “Broken Wings,” considering he struggled with some of the lyrics. He didn’t let that get in the way of his “Dude Looks Like A Lady” performance, with help from Shelton and Adam Levine dressed as Axl Rose.
After the contestants had their last chance to sing their hearts out to win over the audience, performances from Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Avril Lavine, Kelly Clarkson and Smokey Robinson ignited the stage.
Finally the winner was announced, it was no surprise that Pope walked off with the title. She had been getting massive downloads on iTunes all week and she definitely had the momentum going into Tuesday night’s finale, with Rolling Stone noting her win was "inevitable."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports