Who Won ‘The Voice’ Season 3? Cassadee Pope ‘Inevitably’ Wins Reality Show [VIDEO]
By Maria Vultaggio | December 20, 2012 9:37 AM EST
On Monday and Tuesday the final of episodes of season three of “The Voice” premiered on NBC, with Cassadee Pope "inevitably" winning.
The show was down to its final three contestants: Team Cee Lo's Nicholas David and Team Blake's Terry McDermott and of course, the 23-year-old winner from West Palm Beach, Fla.
Each sang multiple songs, which ranged from new performances to reprising old ones and singing duets with their coaches.
David’s "Great Balls of Fire" was stellar and he kept up the upbeat tempo when he performed "Play That Funky Music." Green actually had a mini-Green dancing in the background.
He decided to bring back his stirring performance of “Lean On Me,” too. While his segment wasn’t the best of the night, it was clear why he belonged in the final three.
Pope matched her best performance when she stepped out onto the “The Voice” stage Monday night.
Her reprise of “Only You” might have been better than her first try at it, and when she did her duet with Shelton, covering “Steve McQueen,” she was easily comparable to rocker Sheryl Crow.
Pope's new song “Cry” was the least impressive of the show, but good enough to help her win the season.
McDermott’s twist on “I Wanna Know What Love Is” was fantastic, but he seemed to falter with “Broken Wings,” considering he struggled with some of the lyrics. He didn’t let that get in the way of his “Dude Looks Like A Lady” performance, with help from Shelton and Adam Levine dressed as Axl Rose.
After the contestants had their last chance to sing their hearts out to win over the audience, performances from Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Avril Lavine, Kelly Clarkson and Smokey Robinson ignited the stage.
Finally the winner was announced, it was no surprise that Pope walked off with the title. She had been getting massive downloads on iTunes all week and she definitely had the momentum going into Tuesday night’s finale, with Rolling Stone noting her win was "inevitable."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight