Who Won ‘The Voice’ Season 3? Cassadee Pope ‘Inevitably’ Wins Reality Show [VIDEO]
By Maria Vultaggio | December 20, 2012 9:37 AM EST
On Monday and Tuesday the final of episodes of season three of “The Voice” premiered on NBC, with Cassadee Pope "inevitably" winning.
The show was down to its final three contestants: Team Cee Lo's Nicholas David and Team Blake's Terry McDermott and of course, the 23-year-old winner from West Palm Beach, Fla.
Each sang multiple songs, which ranged from new performances to reprising old ones and singing duets with their coaches.
David’s "Great Balls of Fire" was stellar and he kept up the upbeat tempo when he performed "Play That Funky Music." Green actually had a mini-Green dancing in the background.
He decided to bring back his stirring performance of “Lean On Me,” too. While his segment wasn’t the best of the night, it was clear why he belonged in the final three.
Pope matched her best performance when she stepped out onto the “The Voice” stage Monday night.
Her reprise of “Only You” might have been better than her first try at it, and when she did her duet with Shelton, covering “Steve McQueen,” she was easily comparable to rocker Sheryl Crow.
Pope's new song “Cry” was the least impressive of the show, but good enough to help her win the season.
McDermott’s twist on “I Wanna Know What Love Is” was fantastic, but he seemed to falter with “Broken Wings,” considering he struggled with some of the lyrics. He didn’t let that get in the way of his “Dude Looks Like A Lady” performance, with help from Shelton and Adam Levine dressed as Axl Rose.
After the contestants had their last chance to sing their hearts out to win over the audience, performances from Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Avril Lavine, Kelly Clarkson and Smokey Robinson ignited the stage.
Finally the winner was announced, it was no surprise that Pope walked off with the title. She had been getting massive downloads on iTunes all week and she definitely had the momentum going into Tuesday night’s finale, with Rolling Stone noting her win was "inevitable."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build