Who Won ‘The Voice’ Season 3? Cassadee Pope ‘Inevitably’ Wins Reality Show [VIDEO]
By Maria Vultaggio | December 20, 2012 9:37 AM EST
On Monday and Tuesday the final of episodes of season three of “The Voice” premiered on NBC, with Cassadee Pope "inevitably" winning.
The show was down to its final three contestants: Team Cee Lo's Nicholas David and Team Blake's Terry McDermott and of course, the 23-year-old winner from West Palm Beach, Fla.
Each sang multiple songs, which ranged from new performances to reprising old ones and singing duets with their coaches.
David’s "Great Balls of Fire" was stellar and he kept up the upbeat tempo when he performed "Play That Funky Music." Green actually had a mini-Green dancing in the background.
He decided to bring back his stirring performance of “Lean On Me,” too. While his segment wasn’t the best of the night, it was clear why he belonged in the final three.
Pope matched her best performance when she stepped out onto the “The Voice” stage Monday night.
Her reprise of “Only You” might have been better than her first try at it, and when she did her duet with Shelton, covering “Steve McQueen,” she was easily comparable to rocker Sheryl Crow.
Pope's new song “Cry” was the least impressive of the show, but good enough to help her win the season.
McDermott’s twist on “I Wanna Know What Love Is” was fantastic, but he seemed to falter with “Broken Wings,” considering he struggled with some of the lyrics. He didn’t let that get in the way of his “Dude Looks Like A Lady” performance, with help from Shelton and Adam Levine dressed as Axl Rose.
After the contestants had their last chance to sing their hearts out to win over the audience, performances from Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Avril Lavine, Kelly Clarkson and Smokey Robinson ignited the stage.
Finally the winner was announced, it was no surprise that Pope walked off with the title. She had been getting massive downloads on iTunes all week and she definitely had the momentum going into Tuesday night’s finale, with Rolling Stone noting her win was "inevitable."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions