Who Won ‘The Voice’ Season 3? Cassadee Pope ‘Inevitably’ Wins Reality Show [VIDEO]
By Maria Vultaggio | December 20, 2012 9:37 AM EST
On Monday and Tuesday the final of episodes of season three of “The Voice” premiered on NBC, with Cassadee Pope "inevitably" winning.
The show was down to its final three contestants: Team Cee Lo's Nicholas David and Team Blake's Terry McDermott and of course, the 23-year-old winner from West Palm Beach, Fla.
Each sang multiple songs, which ranged from new performances to reprising old ones and singing duets with their coaches.
David’s "Great Balls of Fire" was stellar and he kept up the upbeat tempo when he performed "Play That Funky Music." Green actually had a mini-Green dancing in the background.
He decided to bring back his stirring performance of “Lean On Me,” too. While his segment wasn’t the best of the night, it was clear why he belonged in the final three.
Pope matched her best performance when she stepped out onto the “The Voice” stage Monday night.
Her reprise of “Only You” might have been better than her first try at it, and when she did her duet with Shelton, covering “Steve McQueen,” she was easily comparable to rocker Sheryl Crow.
Pope's new song “Cry” was the least impressive of the show, but good enough to help her win the season.
McDermott’s twist on “I Wanna Know What Love Is” was fantastic, but he seemed to falter with “Broken Wings,” considering he struggled with some of the lyrics. He didn’t let that get in the way of his “Dude Looks Like A Lady” performance, with help from Shelton and Adam Levine dressed as Axl Rose.
After the contestants had their last chance to sing their hearts out to win over the audience, performances from Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Avril Lavine, Kelly Clarkson and Smokey Robinson ignited the stage.
Finally the winner was announced, it was no surprise that Pope walked off with the title. She had been getting massive downloads on iTunes all week and she definitely had the momentum going into Tuesday night’s finale, with Rolling Stone noting her win was "inevitable."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8