12/19/2012 – EUR/USD Reaches Resistance and 8-Month High
By James Chen | December 20, 2012 6:29 AM EST
EUR/USD (daily chart) as of December 19, 2012, has continued its strong bullish surge of the past week and a half to reach key resistance around the 1.3300 price region. In the process, price has just established yet a new 8-month high. This occurs within a bullish trend that extends back to the July 1.2040 low. It also occurs after price action broke out late last week above an important dynamic resistance trend line extending back to the mid-September 1.3170 high. By breaking out above that resistance line, price confirmed a continuation of the entrenched bullish trend. Having just reached its 1.3300 resistance area, price has displayed an accelerated bullishness that could go on to reach for further highs. In the event of a significant breakout above 1.3300, the pair could move towards strong potential resistance around the 1.3500 price region.
James Chen, CMT
Chief Technical Strategist
Forex trading involves a substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. FX Solutions LLC (“FXS”) is compensated through a portion of the bid/ask spread. This information is being provided only for general market commentary (based on technical analysis) and does not constitute investment trading advice. Certain information contained herein has been obtained from sources that FXS believes to be reliable; however, FXS cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information, assure its completeness, or warrant such information will not be changed. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. FXS has no obligation to update any or all of such information; nor do we make any express or implied warranties or representations as to the completeness or accuracy or accept responsibility for errors. These materials are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any financial instrument and should not be used as the basis for any investment decision. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. No determination has been made regarding the appropriateness of any information contained herein. Due to various risks and uncertainties, actual events or results may differ materially from those reflected or contemplated herein. FXS expressly disclaims any loss or profits that may arise from any use of the information contained in or derived from this commentary. FXS and its affiliates may engage in transactions that are inconsistent with the views expressed herein. FXS does not endorse nor is it responsible for any third-party posts related to this material. Please visit www.fxsolutions.com for more information about FXS and currency trading.
FX Solutions assumes no responsibility for errors, inaccuracies or omissions in these materials. FX Solutions does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. FX Solutions shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation losses, lost revenues, or lost profits that may result from these materials.
The products offered by FX Solutions are leveraged products which carry a high level of risk to your capital with the possibility of losing more than your initial investment and may not be suitable for all investors. Ensure you fully understand the risks involved and seek independent advice if necessary.
For more forex information, go to www.fxsol.com
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best