Michael Strahan Teeth: Why 'Live! With Kelly and Michael' Co-Host Won't Fix Gap In Front Teeth [PHOTO]
December 20, 2012 4:16 AM EST
Michael Strahan is known for his trademark gap in between his front teeth. The “Live! with Kelly and Michael” co-host says he once thought of changing his smile, but now the former New York Giants defensive end is comfortable with his unique grin.
“I was really close to closing it up. I was at the dentist having him do mock-ups. I thought about it, man,” the former Super Bowl winner said in an interview with Elle’s Mickey Rapkin.
Strahan said he wasn’t going to fix his teeth because he accepted who he was as a person, flaws and all.
“I was in my twenties. I was playing with the Giants. There’s so much pressure to be perfect. You can fix everything now,” the former Giants defensive end said. “For me, I made the conscious effort to say ‘This is who I am.’ I’m not perfect. I don’t want to try to be perfect. At this point, I don’t think my kids would recognize me without it. They’d be like, ‘Who is this stranger in the house? Call 911!’”
In the wide ranging interview, Strahan also opened up about his new fiancée, Nicole Murphy, his two prior marriages and his childhood crush.
Strahan said he still hasn’t told Elisabeth Shue, whom he discovered as a child watching “The Karate Kid,” that he had a crush on her when he was younger.
“Heck, no. Man, are you crazy? What, we’re at school and I’m like, ‘Hey, you know you were my childhood crush?’ [Laughs] She’d be like, ‘Security!’” Strahan joked.
The “Live! With Kelly and Michael” co-host said he “definitely” believes in marriage despite two divorces. He said his relationship with Murphy is different than those with his ex-wives.
“I can be myself. I have someone who gets along with my family. And who gets along with my friends. And we have a lot of the same interests. Life is just a lot more peaceful,” Strahan said.
Despite the toughness of his old job chasing down quarterbacks, Strahan said he has a soft side.
“’The Notebook,’ gets me every time,” he said of the Ryan Gosling chick flick based off the Nicholas Sparks novel. “It’s a great love story. Boy from the wrong side of the tracks. They get on each other’s nerves, but they can’t live without each other. It almost makes me shed a tear.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet