Mayan Calendar Doomsday Prophecy: Mayan Elders Reveal What Will Happen on December 21
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 20, 2012 2:56 AM EST
The news about a doomsday prophecy on December 21, which is the end of the Mayan calendar, became a controversial topic worldwide. However, the Mayan Elders stated that what will happen on Friday is not really a doomsday approaching but a "transformation."
The Mayan's Long Count calendar end has been broadly predicted as the world's apocalypse from a planet collision or a reversal of the Earth's poles or a zombie attack. According to Mayan Elder Don Carlos Barrios, people have misinterpreted the signs because what will really happen on December 21 is a "rebirth."
"Humanity will continue but in a different way. Material structures will change. From this we will have the opportunity to be more human," the Mayan Elder declared. Mayan Leader Grand Elder Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj or also called as the "Wandering Wolf" affirmed that human beings are now at the crossroads in need of a transition in order to become united with one another.
Apolinario Chile Pixtun, another Mayan Elder, said to "The Telegraph" that he is already fed up with the inquiries regarding the doomsday prophecy on the Mayan calendar's end. "The doomsday theories are a Western invention, not Mayan ideas," Pixtun said.
The Mayans today are the descendants of the ancient Mayan civilization who traveled from Mexico to Central America. The Mayan civilization may have fallen apart in the 8th Century but their culture and language still continue at present time.
Joseph Gelfer, who is a professional on spirituality, the Mayan Apocalypse and a researcher at the School of Political and Social Inquiry at Monash University, was shocked with the jokes that people made regarding the predicted Mayan Apocalypse. He was hoping the people will take it more seriously until the final day truly comes.
Meanwhile, he also developed the "Gelfer Prophecy" where people will utilize the date as a medium to make things better and eventually change their lives. "Let's imagine there are all these people on the beach at Byron Bay looking out at the horizon waiting for the Mayan Apocalypse to take place. Nothing happens. Then they turn away from the beach, go back to their rented Kombi vans and realize they have to make the changes themselves," Gelfer said to News.com.au.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Mayan Liborio Yeh Kinil said: "If something is going to happen, it's going to happen. Why get panicky?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Accelerates Ban on Shark Finning
- Woman Posts Ad for Herself As 'Professional Bridesmaid' On Craigslist
- Mass Panic Over Houston's 'Blinking Lights' in the Sky; UFO Sceptics Still Not Convinced
- American Journalist Steven Sotloff at Risk of Beheading Too If US Gov’t Refuses to Pay $100 Million Ransom to Islamic State Like It Did With James Foley
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop