Mayan Calendar Doomsday Prophecy: Mayan Elders Reveal What Will Happen on December 21
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 20, 2012 2:56 AM EST
The news about a doomsday prophecy on December 21, which is the end of the Mayan calendar, became a controversial topic worldwide. However, the Mayan Elders stated that what will happen on Friday is not really a doomsday approaching but a "transformation."
The Mayan's Long Count calendar end has been broadly predicted as the world's apocalypse from a planet collision or a reversal of the Earth's poles or a zombie attack. According to Mayan Elder Don Carlos Barrios, people have misinterpreted the signs because what will really happen on December 21 is a "rebirth."
"Humanity will continue but in a different way. Material structures will change. From this we will have the opportunity to be more human," the Mayan Elder declared. Mayan Leader Grand Elder Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj or also called as the "Wandering Wolf" affirmed that human beings are now at the crossroads in need of a transition in order to become united with one another.
Apolinario Chile Pixtun, another Mayan Elder, said to "The Telegraph" that he is already fed up with the inquiries regarding the doomsday prophecy on the Mayan calendar's end. "The doomsday theories are a Western invention, not Mayan ideas," Pixtun said.
The Mayans today are the descendants of the ancient Mayan civilization who traveled from Mexico to Central America. The Mayan civilization may have fallen apart in the 8th Century but their culture and language still continue at present time.
Joseph Gelfer, who is a professional on spirituality, the Mayan Apocalypse and a researcher at the School of Political and Social Inquiry at Monash University, was shocked with the jokes that people made regarding the predicted Mayan Apocalypse. He was hoping the people will take it more seriously until the final day truly comes.
Meanwhile, he also developed the "Gelfer Prophecy" where people will utilize the date as a medium to make things better and eventually change their lives. "Let's imagine there are all these people on the beach at Byron Bay looking out at the horizon waiting for the Mayan Apocalypse to take place. Nothing happens. Then they turn away from the beach, go back to their rented Kombi vans and realize they have to make the changes themselves," Gelfer said to News.com.au.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Mayan Liborio Yeh Kinil said: "If something is going to happen, it's going to happen. Why get panicky?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS