Update HTC Evo 3D to Android 4.1.2 PACman Jelly Bean Custom Firmware [Guide]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 19, 2012 9:56 PM EST
The HTC Evo 3D can now be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) via a new custom ROM known as PACman. The PACman ROM is said to combine features from CyanogenMod 10 (CM10), AOKP and Paranoid Android ROMs.
This guide will help users install the PACman ROM on the Evo 3D. However, IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Ensure USB drivers are installed on the PC
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device is rooted and has ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed
To Install Jelly Bean-Based PACman Custom ROM on HTC Evo 3D:
- Connect the device to the PC and copy downloaded zip files to the SD card
- Unplug the device and turn the device off
- The device should enter Bootloader mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons)
- Follow onscreen instructions and choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CWM Recovery, perform a data wipe
- Now scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card. Now browse to ROM zip file and select by pressing Power. Confirm installation by tapping Yes. The ROM will begin installing
- Repeat this step but this time select the Google apps .zip file to install the Google apps package
- Go +++++Go Back option and choose Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into PACman ROM
HTC Evo 3D should now be running the Jelly Bean-based PACman ROM.
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot into Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and then restore the ROM by choosing it from the list.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: