Miss Universe 2012 : Where to Watch the Pageant Ceremony Live
By Simi John | December 19, 2012 9:52 PM EST
The countdown begins for the much awaited coronation of Miss Universe 2012 at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The 61st annual Miss Universe pageant will be broadcast live at 8pm ET (2am GMT) via NBC to approximately 190 countries. Viewers who prefer to watch the event at home can watch live coverage on missuniverse2012.org(the site be provide an online streaming link of the live telecast of the Miss Universe 2012 pageant), MissUniverse 2012 Livestream and Miss Universe 2012 online live.
The big show will be hosted by Andy Cohen (the host of Bravo's Watch What Happens Live) and Giuliana Rancic, a co-anchor on E! News. Celebrity judges, led by pageant owner Donald Trump, include The Voice mentor Cee Lo Green, San Francisco Giants MVP Pablo Sandoval, TV host Nigel Barker, actor singer Diego Boneta, 2010 Miss Universe Ximena Navarrete of Mexicio and reality TV star Lisa Vanderpump.
Miss Universe 2011, Leila Lopes of Angola, will crown the successor at the end of the two-hour television special.
Participants have already completed the evening gown round, the swimsuit competition, the national costume competition and the National Gift Auction. Miss Great Britain 2012, 21-year-old Holly Hale from Swansea, displayed an impressive level of confidence and style in all the segments.
Trump's Miss Universe Organisation Wins £3 Million In Defamation Suit
Meanwhile the Miss Universe Organisation has been awarded £3 million after winning a lawsuit against former Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin, who had made allegations that the voting was rigged.
According to a report in the New York Post, Monnin, who participated in the Miss USA pageant, dropped out of the competition in June having supposedly discovered that a fellow constant had seen a list of the top five winners before they were officially announced.
According to a press release issued by the pageant organisers, in the days after the pageant Monnin made several damaging public comments asserting she had irrefutable proof the pageant was rigged, and that she would not be deterred in her "quest for the truth."
Trump, who owns the Miss Universe Organisation and all its pageants, including the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA beauty contests, retaliated by filing a suit against Monnin in a New York court.
Retired U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Theodore H. Katz determined that Monnin had defamed the Miss Universe Organisation, and awarded it £3 million in damages. In his ruling, Katz stated that, "the method in which the Miss USA Pageant is judged . . . precludes any reasonable possibility that the judging was rigged."
Trump stated that Monnin was simply upset because she was not selected as a Miss USA semi-finalist.
"We cannot allow a disgruntled contestant to make false and reckless statements which are damaging to the many people who have devoted their hearts and souls to the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageant systems," he said.
"She was angry that she lost, she went on the 'Today' show and she said really bad stuff. You can't rig the celebrity judges. Ernst & Young tabulate the results, and they were unbelievably upset about her comments.
"Going to arbitration was the appropriate action to take under the circumstances, and while I feel very badly for Sheena, she did the wrong thing. She was really nasty, and we had no choice. It is an expensive lesson for her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'