Pogo Charger with Magnetic Connector for Google Nexus 10 Emerged
By Erik Pineda | December 19, 2012 6:03 PM EST
If you are a Nexus 10 owner or considering a purchase of this Samsung-manufactured big-sized tablet for Google, take pleasure in knowing that charging this Android device would be more convenient over the next few weeks or even days.
Citing a forum post by jstevenkim, who claims to work for a Korean manufacturing contractor, Android Central reported the commercial availability of a Pogo charger for the 10-inch Google tablet.
Likely release date for this latest Nexus 10 accessory is mid-December or before Christmas time, the forum poster said, which suggests that the charger will hit stores starting this week.
So what's so cool with this Nexus 10 companion tool? Fans of Apple's MagSafe connector would definitely agree that charging and connecting their Mac computers on a power outlet is a bit unique thanks to the special engineering that came with the Apple charging device.
Obviously inspired by this Apple creation, the Pogo charger "would be held in contact with the tablet's pogo pins magnetically," Android Central said.
But aesthetic is not only the value of MagSafe connector. It prevents a device from falling over while being charged in case somebody trips on the wire. Instead of bringing the device with it, the connector is designed to easily disconnect from a device's port, thanks to the magnetic connectors.
Expectedly, this Pogo charger for the Nexus 10 is to function in the same way, giving another plus for the signature that has already generated its fair amount of good reviews from tech experts.
he charger, should you want to power up the Nexus 10 besides its usual charging channel via microUSB, can be had between the price ranges of $20 and $25. It will be sold initially on online store sites such as Amazon and eBay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points