Three New Smartphones from Samsung with Dual-SIM Support
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 19, 2012 6:01 PM EST
Rumours are spreading about the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013. Speculations are that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will not make it to the Consumer Electronic Show or Mobile World Congress in January and February, respectively.
But low-end devices will probably appear in both events, which includes Galaxy Young Duos (GT-S6312), which will obviously support dual-SIM standby as the name suggests.
The device will appear at the Mobile World Congress, according to SamMobile and it will have two colors, white and blue, for the initial release. The specifications of Galaxy Young Duos include 3.14-inch QVGA display, 832MHz processor and 3.2MP camera.
Two other devices will be launched first quarter of 2013, and both will have Android 4.1 Jellybean, dual-core processors and 5-inch display.
Galaxy Grand i9080
Display: 480x800, 5.0 inches
Weight: 162 g
Internal Memory: 8GB with 1GB of RAM
Expansion slot: up to 64GB
Rear Camera: 8MP, autofocus, and LED flash
Front Camera: 2MP
Operating System: Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
CPU: Dual core 1.2GHz
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
The Galaxy Grand model will be released in two versions, the single SIM support i9080 and the dual SIM support i9082.
Samsung is known for releasing several kinds of dual-SIM supporting smartphones and basically offers models of the same name which is very popular in Asia. So far, low-end and mid-range smartphones are being remodelled by the South Korean tech giant to dual-SIM support that Galaxy S3 owners as asking if the model would also be in dual-SIM standby in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports