Three New Smartphones from Samsung with Dual-SIM Support
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 19, 2012 6:01 PM EST
Rumours are spreading about the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013. Speculations are that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will not make it to the Consumer Electronic Show or Mobile World Congress in January and February, respectively.
But low-end devices will probably appear in both events, which includes Galaxy Young Duos (GT-S6312), which will obviously support dual-SIM standby as the name suggests.
The device will appear at the Mobile World Congress, according to SamMobile and it will have two colors, white and blue, for the initial release. The specifications of Galaxy Young Duos include 3.14-inch QVGA display, 832MHz processor and 3.2MP camera.
Two other devices will be launched first quarter of 2013, and both will have Android 4.1 Jellybean, dual-core processors and 5-inch display.
Galaxy Grand i9080
Display: 480x800, 5.0 inches
Weight: 162 g
Internal Memory: 8GB with 1GB of RAM
Expansion slot: up to 64GB
Rear Camera: 8MP, autofocus, and LED flash
Front Camera: 2MP
Operating System: Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
CPU: Dual core 1.2GHz
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
The Galaxy Grand model will be released in two versions, the single SIM support i9080 and the dual SIM support i9082.
Samsung is known for releasing several kinds of dual-SIM supporting smartphones and basically offers models of the same name which is very popular in Asia. So far, low-end and mid-range smartphones are being remodelled by the South Korean tech giant to dual-SIM support that Galaxy S3 owners as asking if the model would also be in dual-SIM standby in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design