Three New Smartphones from Samsung with Dual-SIM Support
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 19, 2012 6:01 PM EST
Rumours are spreading about the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013. Speculations are that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will not make it to the Consumer Electronic Show or Mobile World Congress in January and February, respectively.
But low-end devices will probably appear in both events, which includes Galaxy Young Duos (GT-S6312), which will obviously support dual-SIM standby as the name suggests.
The device will appear at the Mobile World Congress, according to SamMobile and it will have two colors, white and blue, for the initial release. The specifications of Galaxy Young Duos include 3.14-inch QVGA display, 832MHz processor and 3.2MP camera.
Two other devices will be launched first quarter of 2013, and both will have Android 4.1 Jellybean, dual-core processors and 5-inch display.
Galaxy Grand i9080
Display: 480x800, 5.0 inches
Weight: 162 g
Internal Memory: 8GB with 1GB of RAM
Expansion slot: up to 64GB
Rear Camera: 8MP, autofocus, and LED flash
Front Camera: 2MP
Operating System: Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
CPU: Dual core 1.2GHz
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
The Galaxy Grand model will be released in two versions, the single SIM support i9080 and the dual SIM support i9082.
Samsung is known for releasing several kinds of dual-SIM supporting smartphones and basically offers models of the same name which is very popular in Asia. So far, low-end and mid-range smartphones are being remodelled by the South Korean tech giant to dual-SIM support that Galaxy S3 owners as asking if the model would also be in dual-SIM standby in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements