An iPhone Running on Android?
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 19, 2012 5:28 PM EST
The company noted the claims of ownership IPHONE brand in Brazil. But the real deal about it is complicated. MacMagazine noted that its brand registration was granted in 2008 after an initial request in 2000 applies to G Gradiente IPHONE, not to iPhone or IPHONE.
The Neo One model of the Gradient IPHONE Line is already available in their Web site for online purchase. Here are the details of this Android-running IPHONE that is like a smartphone.
Display: 3.7 inches
Display Resolution: 320x480
Format and Keys: Capacitive Touch
Operating System: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
Rear Camera: 5.0 Megapixels
Front Camera: 0.3 Megapixels
Camera Zoom: 8x
Dual Sim: Yes
3G capable: yes
CPU: 700 MHz
SD Card expansion: up to 32GB
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, EDGE
Entertainment: MP3 player, radio, social networking
Although the devices sound like the Apple's iPhone, Gradient G iPhone Neo One does not match the specifications of the iOS device. Apple's iPhone in Brazil is very expensive and confused consumers buy the locally made unit, instead of the Apple device. In addition to its lower price tag, the dual-SIM capability and Android Gingerbread OS makes this Gradient G line-up sell.
Right now, Apple's has not yet commented on the brand-name similarity; if the California-based firm does, it would add to the long list of legal cases Apple is battling in different countries and continents over brands, patents and copyrights.
Neo One costs around $300 or R$ 599, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Viral Photo: Philippine Mall Giant Pulls Out T-Shirt With Rape Joke
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4