An iPhone Running on Android?
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 19, 2012 5:28 PM EST
The company noted the claims of ownership IPHONE brand in Brazil. But the real deal about it is complicated. MacMagazine noted that its brand registration was granted in 2008 after an initial request in 2000 applies to G Gradiente IPHONE, not to iPhone or IPHONE.
The Neo One model of the Gradient IPHONE Line is already available in their Web site for online purchase. Here are the details of this Android-running IPHONE that is like a smartphone.
Display: 3.7 inches
Display Resolution: 320x480
Format and Keys: Capacitive Touch
Operating System: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
Rear Camera: 5.0 Megapixels
Front Camera: 0.3 Megapixels
Camera Zoom: 8x
Dual Sim: Yes
3G capable: yes
CPU: 700 MHz
SD Card expansion: up to 32GB
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, EDGE
Entertainment: MP3 player, radio, social networking
Although the devices sound like the Apple's iPhone, Gradient G iPhone Neo One does not match the specifications of the iOS device. Apple's iPhone in Brazil is very expensive and confused consumers buy the locally made unit, instead of the Apple device. In addition to its lower price tag, the dual-SIM capability and Android Gingerbread OS makes this Gradient G line-up sell.
Right now, Apple's has not yet commented on the brand-name similarity; if the California-based firm does, it would add to the long list of legal cases Apple is battling in different countries and continents over brands, patents and copyrights.
Neo One costs around $300 or R$ 599, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia