NBFC Shares Rise as Loksabha Passes Banking Bill
December 19, 2012 3:47 PM EST
Shares in non-financial banking companies such as Shriram Transport Finance gained on Wednesday a day after a banking bill laying the groundwork for the issuance of new bank licenses was approved by parliament.
The bill also seeks to draw foreign investment to the banking sector by increasing shareholders' voting rights.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- If ‘Selfie’ Was The Word Of The Year In 2013, Selfie Stick Is Top Christmas Gift In 2014
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Australian Economy ‘Out Of Luck’ And 40 Percent Chance Of Recession Says Gerard Minack--Report
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble