Top Trending Videos of 2012: From 'Gangnam Style' to 'Call Me Maybe' [VIDEOS]
By Diadem Pambid | December 19, 2012 3:45 PM EST
Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" could have made it to the top trending videos of YouTube if it had only been released a few months earlier. Well, too bad for TSwift but for other celebrities like Carly Rae Jepsen and Psy, their videos managed to make it to the Top Trending YouTube Videos of 2012. Check them all out here.
Hilariously, Psy's music video "Gangnam Style" tops the list and it has even managed to beat Justin Bieber's record for "Baby." Ironically, Psy's "Gangnam Style" video has been related to Nostradamus' prophecy that the world would end on December 21, 2012. Despite the video clearly not making any sense, the dance moves and the upbeat sound is enough to keep anyone hooked. To date, the video has over 971 million views.
Coming in at number two is a unique cover of Gotye's famous hit, "Somebody That I Used to Know." The band calls them Walk Off the Earth and in their music video, five of them play the song using only one guitar. To date, the video has over 140 million views.
"Stop Kony 2012" was quite the popular trend earlier in the year. The video created by Invisible Children Inc. inspired social media users from around the world to bring Ugandan warlord, Joseph Kony to justice for crimes against children and humanity. To date, the video has over 94 million views.
"Gangnam Style" might be the latest trend but before Psy was Carly Rae Jepsen and her catchy song that plagued radio stations worldwide, "Call Me Maybe." The video had inspired a lot of parodies of which had hilarious lyrics as well. Carly's infectious song and video managed to accumulate over 54 million views. "Call Me Maybe" official music video even includes the famous three namely Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.
Coming in at number four is the epic and comical rap battle between presidential impersonators, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. The video entitled "Epic Rap Battles of History: Barack Obama VS Mitt Romney" has over 45 million views.
Coming in at number five is "A Dramatic Surprise on a Quiet Store" by TNT with over 39 million views. Following at sixth is "Why You Asking All Them Questions?" by Emmanuel Hudson with 39 million views. Lindsey Stirling's "Crystallize (Dubstep Violin) ranks at number seven with over 38 million views while "Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen" follows at 8 with 35 million views. Last at the ninth spot is Felix Baumgartner's "Supersonic Freefall from 128K :Mission Highlights" with over 30 million views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate