Top Trending Videos of 2012: From 'Gangnam Style' to 'Call Me Maybe' [VIDEOS]
By Diadem Pambid | December 19, 2012 3:45 PM EST
Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" could have made it to the top trending videos of YouTube if it had only been released a few months earlier. Well, too bad for TSwift but for other celebrities like Carly Rae Jepsen and Psy, their videos managed to make it to the Top Trending YouTube Videos of 2012. Check them all out here.
Hilariously, Psy's music video "Gangnam Style" tops the list and it has even managed to beat Justin Bieber's record for "Baby." Ironically, Psy's "Gangnam Style" video has been related to Nostradamus' prophecy that the world would end on December 21, 2012. Despite the video clearly not making any sense, the dance moves and the upbeat sound is enough to keep anyone hooked. To date, the video has over 971 million views.
Coming in at number two is a unique cover of Gotye's famous hit, "Somebody That I Used to Know." The band calls them Walk Off the Earth and in their music video, five of them play the song using only one guitar. To date, the video has over 140 million views.
"Stop Kony 2012" was quite the popular trend earlier in the year. The video created by Invisible Children Inc. inspired social media users from around the world to bring Ugandan warlord, Joseph Kony to justice for crimes against children and humanity. To date, the video has over 94 million views.
"Gangnam Style" might be the latest trend but before Psy was Carly Rae Jepsen and her catchy song that plagued radio stations worldwide, "Call Me Maybe." The video had inspired a lot of parodies of which had hilarious lyrics as well. Carly's infectious song and video managed to accumulate over 54 million views. "Call Me Maybe" official music video even includes the famous three namely Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.
Coming in at number four is the epic and comical rap battle between presidential impersonators, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. The video entitled "Epic Rap Battles of History: Barack Obama VS Mitt Romney" has over 45 million views.
Coming in at number five is "A Dramatic Surprise on a Quiet Store" by TNT with over 39 million views. Following at sixth is "Why You Asking All Them Questions?" by Emmanuel Hudson with 39 million views. Lindsey Stirling's "Crystallize (Dubstep Violin) ranks at number seven with over 38 million views while "Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen" follows at 8 with 35 million views. Last at the ninth spot is Felix Baumgartner's "Supersonic Freefall from 128K :Mission Highlights" with over 30 million views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date