Top Trending Videos of 2012: From 'Gangnam Style' to 'Call Me Maybe' [VIDEOS]
By Diadem Pambid | December 19, 2012 3:45 PM EST
Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" could have made it to the top trending videos of YouTube if it had only been released a few months earlier. Well, too bad for TSwift but for other celebrities like Carly Rae Jepsen and Psy, their videos managed to make it to the Top Trending YouTube Videos of 2012. Check them all out here.
Hilariously, Psy's music video "Gangnam Style" tops the list and it has even managed to beat Justin Bieber's record for "Baby." Ironically, Psy's "Gangnam Style" video has been related to Nostradamus' prophecy that the world would end on December 21, 2012. Despite the video clearly not making any sense, the dance moves and the upbeat sound is enough to keep anyone hooked. To date, the video has over 971 million views.
Coming in at number two is a unique cover of Gotye's famous hit, "Somebody That I Used to Know." The band calls them Walk Off the Earth and in their music video, five of them play the song using only one guitar. To date, the video has over 140 million views.
"Stop Kony 2012" was quite the popular trend earlier in the year. The video created by Invisible Children Inc. inspired social media users from around the world to bring Ugandan warlord, Joseph Kony to justice for crimes against children and humanity. To date, the video has over 94 million views.
"Gangnam Style" might be the latest trend but before Psy was Carly Rae Jepsen and her catchy song that plagued radio stations worldwide, "Call Me Maybe." The video had inspired a lot of parodies of which had hilarious lyrics as well. Carly's infectious song and video managed to accumulate over 54 million views. "Call Me Maybe" official music video even includes the famous three namely Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.
Coming in at number four is the epic and comical rap battle between presidential impersonators, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. The video entitled "Epic Rap Battles of History: Barack Obama VS Mitt Romney" has over 45 million views.
Coming in at number five is "A Dramatic Surprise on a Quiet Store" by TNT with over 39 million views. Following at sixth is "Why You Asking All Them Questions?" by Emmanuel Hudson with 39 million views. Lindsey Stirling's "Crystallize (Dubstep Violin) ranks at number seven with over 38 million views while "Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen" follows at 8 with 35 million views. Last at the ninth spot is Felix Baumgartner's "Supersonic Freefall from 128K :Mission Highlights" with over 30 million views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS