Top Trending Videos of 2012: From 'Gangnam Style' to 'Call Me Maybe' [VIDEOS]
By Diadem Pambid | December 19, 2012 3:45 PM EST
Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" could have made it to the top trending videos of YouTube if it had only been released a few months earlier. Well, too bad for TSwift but for other celebrities like Carly Rae Jepsen and Psy, their videos managed to make it to the Top Trending YouTube Videos of 2012. Check them all out here.
Hilariously, Psy's music video "Gangnam Style" tops the list and it has even managed to beat Justin Bieber's record for "Baby." Ironically, Psy's "Gangnam Style" video has been related to Nostradamus' prophecy that the world would end on December 21, 2012. Despite the video clearly not making any sense, the dance moves and the upbeat sound is enough to keep anyone hooked. To date, the video has over 971 million views.
Coming in at number two is a unique cover of Gotye's famous hit, "Somebody That I Used to Know." The band calls them Walk Off the Earth and in their music video, five of them play the song using only one guitar. To date, the video has over 140 million views.
"Stop Kony 2012" was quite the popular trend earlier in the year. The video created by Invisible Children Inc. inspired social media users from around the world to bring Ugandan warlord, Joseph Kony to justice for crimes against children and humanity. To date, the video has over 94 million views.
"Gangnam Style" might be the latest trend but before Psy was Carly Rae Jepsen and her catchy song that plagued radio stations worldwide, "Call Me Maybe." The video had inspired a lot of parodies of which had hilarious lyrics as well. Carly's infectious song and video managed to accumulate over 54 million views. "Call Me Maybe" official music video even includes the famous three namely Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.
Coming in at number four is the epic and comical rap battle between presidential impersonators, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. The video entitled "Epic Rap Battles of History: Barack Obama VS Mitt Romney" has over 45 million views.
Coming in at number five is "A Dramatic Surprise on a Quiet Store" by TNT with over 39 million views. Following at sixth is "Why You Asking All Them Questions?" by Emmanuel Hudson with 39 million views. Lindsey Stirling's "Crystallize (Dubstep Violin) ranks at number seven with over 38 million views while "Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen" follows at 8 with 35 million views. Last at the ninth spot is Felix Baumgartner's "Supersonic Freefall from 128K :Mission Highlights" with over 30 million views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown