How I Met Your Mother Season 8: Series could ‘shoot just 10 more and that will be it’ - Thomas
By Arlene Paredes | December 19, 2012 3:12 PM EST
"How I Met Your Mother" Season 8 Episodes 11 and 12 could have given some fans what the series calls "graduation goggles." Series co-creator Craig Thomas has recently said it is possible - but not certain - that they will "shoot just 10 more and that will be it." Viewers should be okay with that, it is time to meet the mother already. Or is it?
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers about HIMYM Season Episodes 11 & 12: "The Final Page." Read at your own risk.
HIMYM Graduation Goggles, Anyone?
The concept of the graduation goggles came up in Season 6, when Ted is about to break up with Zooey. He sees all the nice memories, and his friends - Barney and Robin - warned him against getting carried away. Graduation goggles blurs your mind and disables you to let go just because you'd want what's familiar, the couple said.
After seeing "The Final Page" episode in which Barney has finally proposed to Robin, thoughts of a ninth season could be hard to shrug off. Then again, it must be just the graduation goggles.
Contract discussions about a ninth season are under way, but it seems the parties concerned are having a hard time making things work. When one of the creators spoke to Entertainment Weekly recently, he did not sound as optimistic as he was when Season 7 ended in May.
"(I)f this turns out to be our last year, we'll come back in the new year and shoot just 10 more and that will be it," Thomas told EW.
Asked about the Robin-Barney wedding, Thomas teases fans with "twists and surprises."
"They're heading for a wedding that will have its own twists and surprises when we get there. But yeah, we've been waiting for them to get engaged, so hopefully that will feel satisfying to people. It certainly has been a long time coming," he said.
In this season's premiere, Ted is seen at the Farhampton station - just a couple of feet away from "the" mother. Will the viewers meet her in 2013?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery