How I Met Your Mother Season 8: Series could ‘shoot just 10 more and that will be it’ - Thomas
By Arlene Paredes | December 19, 2012 3:12 PM EST
"How I Met Your Mother" Season 8 Episodes 11 and 12 could have given some fans what the series calls "graduation goggles." Series co-creator Craig Thomas has recently said it is possible - but not certain - that they will "shoot just 10 more and that will be it." Viewers should be okay with that, it is time to meet the mother already. Or is it?
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers about HIMYM Season Episodes 11 & 12: "The Final Page." Read at your own risk.
HIMYM Graduation Goggles, Anyone?
The concept of the graduation goggles came up in Season 6, when Ted is about to break up with Zooey. He sees all the nice memories, and his friends - Barney and Robin - warned him against getting carried away. Graduation goggles blurs your mind and disables you to let go just because you'd want what's familiar, the couple said.
After seeing "The Final Page" episode in which Barney has finally proposed to Robin, thoughts of a ninth season could be hard to shrug off. Then again, it must be just the graduation goggles.
Contract discussions about a ninth season are under way, but it seems the parties concerned are having a hard time making things work. When one of the creators spoke to Entertainment Weekly recently, he did not sound as optimistic as he was when Season 7 ended in May.
"(I)f this turns out to be our last year, we'll come back in the new year and shoot just 10 more and that will be it," Thomas told EW.
Asked about the Robin-Barney wedding, Thomas teases fans with "twists and surprises."
"They're heading for a wedding that will have its own twists and surprises when we get there. But yeah, we've been waiting for them to get engaged, so hopefully that will feel satisfying to people. It certainly has been a long time coming," he said.
In this season's premiere, Ted is seen at the Farhampton station - just a couple of feet away from "the" mother. Will the viewers meet her in 2013?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet