Mayan Calendar Doomsday Prophecy on December 21, 2012: Where Will You Be?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 19, 2012 10:02 AM EST
As the Mayan Calendar approaches its end on Friday, December 21, it cannot be helped to ask the question: Where will you be on this most controversial date in history?
People can travel, party, sleep, contemplate or even welcome the doomsday prophecy but the Mayan civilization will definitely observe and celebrate this day all over the Mayan region as well as other sacred places all over the world. Most scientists believe that the Maya were just having fun with numbers, planet and language when they noted the date with no intention of connecting it to the doomsday prophecy.
Here are some places that people can to go and celebrate with the Mayan calendar's end on December 21.
1. All over the Mayan region from southern Mexico, Guatemala, Belize and some areas in Honduras and El Salvador.
2. Caana. It is expected that the highest temple structure at the Caracol archaeological site will acknowledge the Mayan calendar's cycle end. One of the largest spread of tropical forest in Central America.
3. Sacred locations worldwide including Colorado.
4. At the Double Rainbow Ranch near Longmont on Thursday. The overnight "solstice sanctuary sonic retreat" will start at 4 p.m. with the actual solstice time at 4:12 a.m. Mountain Standard Time on Friday. Doublerainbowranch.com indicated for celebrants to bring $12 donation, sleeping bag and a potluck breakfast. Guatemalan priestess Aum Rak will conduct a sunset ceremony followed with a series of activities such as yoga, meditation, chanting, kirtan singing and trance dancing.
5. A Mayan Millennial Masquerade Ball will be held on Friday from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. at the Avalon Ballroom in Boulder. Coloradosolstice.com web site indicated a day pass worth $20 will the full event price is $42.50. The event will begin with a Mayan fire ritual followed with the film screening of "2012: The Beginning" as well as other activities and appearances with the use of one really huge drum. The night celebration continues with performances from high-energy tribal-fusion local music groups such as Kan'nal, Tierro, Lunar Fire, The Sea Stars, Orpheus and Buddha Bomb.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Report Claims China & Taiwan Sell Human Meat
- Sex with the Dead: Ohio Man Admits Doing it with 100 Corpses
- Princess Diana's Gravesite Algae-Infested, Earl Spencer Reportedly To Blame
- Ebola Virus: NZ Health Officials Given 'Powers' to Stop Ships, Planes from Entering Border
- Canadian Rapist, Convicted for Killing 2-Year-Old Girl, Murdered in Prison
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015