Mayan Calendar Doomsday Prophecy on December 21, 2012: Where Will You Be?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 19, 2012 10:02 AM EST
As the Mayan Calendar approaches its end on Friday, December 21, it cannot be helped to ask the question: Where will you be on this most controversial date in history?
People can travel, party, sleep, contemplate or even welcome the doomsday prophecy but the Mayan civilization will definitely observe and celebrate this day all over the Mayan region as well as other sacred places all over the world. Most scientists believe that the Maya were just having fun with numbers, planet and language when they noted the date with no intention of connecting it to the doomsday prophecy.
Here are some places that people can to go and celebrate with the Mayan calendar's end on December 21.
1. All over the Mayan region from southern Mexico, Guatemala, Belize and some areas in Honduras and El Salvador.
2. Caana. It is expected that the highest temple structure at the Caracol archaeological site will acknowledge the Mayan calendar's cycle end. One of the largest spread of tropical forest in Central America.
3. Sacred locations worldwide including Colorado.
4. At the Double Rainbow Ranch near Longmont on Thursday. The overnight "solstice sanctuary sonic retreat" will start at 4 p.m. with the actual solstice time at 4:12 a.m. Mountain Standard Time on Friday. Doublerainbowranch.com indicated for celebrants to bring $12 donation, sleeping bag and a potluck breakfast. Guatemalan priestess Aum Rak will conduct a sunset ceremony followed with a series of activities such as yoga, meditation, chanting, kirtan singing and trance dancing.
5. A Mayan Millennial Masquerade Ball will be held on Friday from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. at the Avalon Ballroom in Boulder. Coloradosolstice.com web site indicated a day pass worth $20 will the full event price is $42.50. The event will begin with a Mayan fire ritual followed with the film screening of "2012: The Beginning" as well as other activities and appearances with the use of one really huge drum. The night celebration continues with performances from high-energy tribal-fusion local music groups such as Kan'nal, Tierro, Lunar Fire, The Sea Stars, Orpheus and Buddha Bomb.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers