Who Will Win 'Ink Master?' Live 2-Hour Finale Premieres On Spike
By Maria Vultaggio | December 19, 2012 8:54 AM EST
The two-hour finale of "Ink Master" season two premieres on Spike Tuesday night at 9/8c.
Some of the best tattoo artists from across the country were brought to New York City to compete and win the title of “Ink Master.”
Since most of the show was filmed over the summer, the finalists have been waiting for months to learn who was going to claim the title.
During an interview with the New York Daily News, David Navarro, host and judge of the tattoo reality show, said he too has been on “pins and needles” waiting to find out who is going to win.
No matter who wins, the contestants have made a lasting impression on him.
“I would never do anything with that much pressure,” the Jane’s Addiction guitarist told the Daily News. “I'm playing in front of live audiences, I'm a judge, I’m a host, but I am not being critiqued and looked at under a microscope. Not only do they have to impress the judges and the public, but make a name for their own industry and their own careers.
“Regardless of who wins, my life goes back to being in Jane’s Addiction. The final three contestants are the ones who potentially will have their standards of living dramatically altered.”
Navarro doesn’t have any tattoo experience like fellow judges Oliver Peck and ex-“Miami Ink” star Chris Nunez, but he sympathizes with the contestants being forced to work under harsh conditions.
“I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of them,” Navarro said. “Maybe not all of them I would get tattooed by, though.”
Navaro believes that “Ink Master” has helped show that tattoos are not an inferior art form, as many have believed in the past.
“I love tattoos,” said Navarro. “There is more to it than meets the general view in terms of the artistry and the history. I loved the opportunity to showcase that in a public arena.”
Sebastian Murphy, Sarah Miller, Steve Tefft and Katherine "Tatu Baby" Flores are the last artists remaining in the competition.
The winner will walk away with $100,000 and the title of “Ink Master.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies