Who Will Win 'Ink Master?' Live 2-Hour Finale Premieres On Spike
By Maria Vultaggio | December 19, 2012 8:54 AM EST
The two-hour finale of "Ink Master" season two premieres on Spike Tuesday night at 9/8c.
Some of the best tattoo artists from across the country were brought to New York City to compete and win the title of “Ink Master.”
Since most of the show was filmed over the summer, the finalists have been waiting for months to learn who was going to claim the title.
During an interview with the New York Daily News, David Navarro, host and judge of the tattoo reality show, said he too has been on “pins and needles” waiting to find out who is going to win.
No matter who wins, the contestants have made a lasting impression on him.
“I would never do anything with that much pressure,” the Jane’s Addiction guitarist told the Daily News. “I'm playing in front of live audiences, I'm a judge, I’m a host, but I am not being critiqued and looked at under a microscope. Not only do they have to impress the judges and the public, but make a name for their own industry and their own careers.
“Regardless of who wins, my life goes back to being in Jane’s Addiction. The final three contestants are the ones who potentially will have their standards of living dramatically altered.”
Navarro doesn’t have any tattoo experience like fellow judges Oliver Peck and ex-“Miami Ink” star Chris Nunez, but he sympathizes with the contestants being forced to work under harsh conditions.
“I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of them,” Navarro said. “Maybe not all of them I would get tattooed by, though.”
Navaro believes that “Ink Master” has helped show that tattoos are not an inferior art form, as many have believed in the past.
“I love tattoos,” said Navarro. “There is more to it than meets the general view in terms of the artistry and the history. I loved the opportunity to showcase that in a public arena.”
Sebastian Murphy, Sarah Miller, Steve Tefft and Katherine "Tatu Baby" Flores are the last artists remaining in the competition.
The winner will walk away with $100,000 and the title of “Ink Master.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier