NFL 2012 Week 16 Lines: Point Spreads, Totals And Complete Betting Odds From Las Vegas
December 19, 2012 8:43 AM EST
The 2012 NFL regular season is in the home stretch with just two more weeks of games before the playoffs. Entering Week 16, five postseason spots are still up for grabs.
Three NFC East teams are tied at 8-6 for first place in the division, and each team is favored in their upcoming matchup.
The Redskins currently hold the tiebreaker and are giving the Eagles 4.5 points. The Cowboys are home and giving the Saints three points. If both teams win, their matchup in Week 17 will be for the division title.
The Giants lost their sole spot in first place with a 34-0 blowout loss to the Falcons. Despite the defeat, New York is a 2.5-point favorite on the road against Baltimore. If the Giants win their final two games, they are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs.
Baltimore is also in the middle of a battle for the division crown. They lead the Bengals by one game and the Steelers by two. Each team has a shot to win the AFC North.
Cincinnati is a four-point underdog in their visit to Pittsburgh on Sunday. The loser will be knocked out of contention for the division title. Both teams are also fighting for the final wild card spot.
The only other division that has yet to be clinched is the NFC West. The 49ers have a 1.5-game lead over the Seahawks, and the two will square off in Seattle on Sunday Night Football. San Francisco is a one-point favorite in the game with the smallest point spread of the week.
New England is the biggest favorite of the week. They are giving the Jaguars 14.5 points on the road. The Patriots are one game behind the Broncos for the second bye in the AFC postseason.
The Jets were knocked out of playoff contention on Monday Night Football, and have finally decided to bench Mark Sanchez. Greg McElroy will get the start against the Chargers. It will be the first time since 2009 that New York will play a game without Sanchez starting at quarterback.
There are no more Thursday Night Football games in 2012, but the first Saturday Night Football game will take place in Week 16. The Falcons and Lions will kick off the schedule for the week.
Below are the complete betting lines for all the Week 16 games, including the point spreads and totals. These are the consensus odds from multiple sportsbooks in Las Vegas.
Atlanta Falcons (-4) at Detroit Lions, 50.5
Tennessee Titans (+13) at Green Bay Packers, 46
Oakland Raiders (+8.5) at Carolina Panthers, 46
Buffalo Bills (+4.5) at Miami Dolphins, 41.5
Cincinnati Bengals (+4) at Pittsburgh Steelers, 43
New England Patriots (-14.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars, 48.5
Indianapolis Colts (-6.5) at Kansas City Chiefs, 42
New Orleans Saints (+3) at Dallas Cowboys, 51.5
Washington Redskins (-4.5) at Philadelphia Eagles, 44.5
St. Louis Rams (+3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 43.5
San Diego Chargers (+2.5) at New York Jets, 40.5
New York Giants (-2.5) at Baltimore Ravens, 47.5
Minnesota Vikings (+7.5) at Houston Texans, 43.5
Cleveland Browns (+13) at Denver Broncos, 44.5
Chicago Bears (-5.5) at Arizona Cardinals, 36.5
San Francisco 49ers (-1) at Seattle Seahawks, 39
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013