Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Android Revolution HD ROM [GUIDE]
By Vinod Yalburgi | December 18, 2012 8:42 PM EST
Android Revolution HD ROM has hogged the limelight as the leading custom ROM for older devices, ever since the early days of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) release. The popular custom ROM makes a grand comeback with the release of Android Revolution HD 8.0, which is based on official Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean firmware.
Despite a flurry of custom ROM Jelly Bean upgrades already available for the international version Galaxy Nexus I9250, the Jelly Bean craze does not seem to subside. With due credit to XDA Developers member mike1986, the Android Revolution HD ROM brings a fast, stable and bloatware-free Jelly Bean experience to the user. Besides, the ROM's enhanced UI (user interface) with performance optimisations leads to a superior Android experience, given its predominantly stock interface looks.
Key Points to Note
- The Android Revolution HD ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the Android Revolution HD ROM on the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on the Galaxy Nexus phone. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that your Galaxy Nexus I9250 is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it.
- Make sure that your phone's battery has at least 75 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Android Revolution HD ROM on your Galaxy Nexus device.
- Download Android Revolution HD 8.0 ROM
- Download Super Wipe Lite
- Download Firmware Apps Package
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Android Revolution HD ROM
1. Copy the downloaded Android Revolution HD 8.0 ROM and Super Wipe files to the root folder on your phone's SD Card.
2. Switch off your phone and boot it into CWM Recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Volume Up, and Power buttons together until the device boots into Fastboot Mode. Now, use Volume buttons to navigate to the Recovery option and hit the Power button to select it.
3. Take a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM. Select Backup and Restore and hit Backup.
4. Flash Super Swipe. To do so, return to main menu and select Install ZIP from SD Card. Then click Choose ZIP From SD Card. Navigate to the Super Wipe Lite Nexus Zip file that you copied to your phone earlier in step 1. Confirm the package installation by clicking Yes on next page.
5. Once Super Wipe Lite is flashed, install the Android Revolution HD 8.0 ROM by repeating the procedure in step 4.
6. Choose Go Back and hit Reboot System Now.
7. Repeat steps 2 and 4 to flash the Firmware update package.
8. Hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now.
You have now successfully flashed Android Revolution HD 8.0 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast