iPhone 5 Sales in China Hit 2 Million Units in Just 3 Days
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | December 18, 2012 8:26 PM EST
"Customer response to iPhone 5 in China has been incredible, setting a new record with the best first weekend sales ever in China," Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, said. "China is a very important market for us and customers there cannot wait to get their hands on Apple products."
China is Apple's second-largest market.
Apple Inc's new smartphone iPhone 5, which first went on sale on September 21 in nine countries, including the U.S. and Australia, selling more than five million in the first three days alone, will be available in more than 100 countries by end-December.
The thinnest and lightest iPhone ever, iPhone 5 features a new 4-inch Retina display, an Apple-designed A6 chip as well as ultrafast wireless technology. It boasts of a better battery life. iPhone 5 comes packed with iOS 6, an advanced mobile operating system with over 200 new features, including Shared Photo Streams, all-new Maps app, Passbook organisation and even more Siri features and languages, including Mandarin.
Meanwhile, reports have circulated that China's very own HTC Butterfly will not be coming to European shores.
Retailer Expansys Europe, which initially listed the item as available for pre-order, had reportedly taken down the listing for the item.
"Thank you for your recent interest and preorder of the HTC Butterfly. Unfortunately, we have now been informed by HTC that this device will not be available in European markets, and as such we have had to remove it from our website and cancel your preorder," the retailer told disappointed consumers.
Loaded with a 5-inch full-HD screen, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Sense UI 4+, a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera, 2.1MP front-facing camera, and 16GB of internal memory, the Butterfly is essentially the same as the Japanese J Butterfly and American Droid DNA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date