iPhone 5 Sales in China Hit 2 Million Units in Just 3 Days
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | December 18, 2012 8:26 PM EST
"Customer response to iPhone 5 in China has been incredible, setting a new record with the best first weekend sales ever in China," Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, said. "China is a very important market for us and customers there cannot wait to get their hands on Apple products."
China is Apple's second-largest market.
Apple Inc's new smartphone iPhone 5, which first went on sale on September 21 in nine countries, including the U.S. and Australia, selling more than five million in the first three days alone, will be available in more than 100 countries by end-December.
The thinnest and lightest iPhone ever, iPhone 5 features a new 4-inch Retina display, an Apple-designed A6 chip as well as ultrafast wireless technology. It boasts of a better battery life. iPhone 5 comes packed with iOS 6, an advanced mobile operating system with over 200 new features, including Shared Photo Streams, all-new Maps app, Passbook organisation and even more Siri features and languages, including Mandarin.
Meanwhile, reports have circulated that China's very own HTC Butterfly will not be coming to European shores.
Retailer Expansys Europe, which initially listed the item as available for pre-order, had reportedly taken down the listing for the item.
"Thank you for your recent interest and preorder of the HTC Butterfly. Unfortunately, we have now been informed by HTC that this device will not be available in European markets, and as such we have had to remove it from our website and cancel your preorder," the retailer told disappointed consumers.
Loaded with a 5-inch full-HD screen, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Sense UI 4+, a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera, 2.1MP front-facing camera, and 16GB of internal memory, the Butterfly is essentially the same as the Japanese J Butterfly and American Droid DNA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Low Birth Rate May Be Due to Low Confidence in Economy
- Fears Of Infection Spread Prompt Some US Hospitals To Refuse Ebola Patients
- Readers Slam a Book Showing That US Wealth And Power Rests on Slave Labour
- LG G Watch R To Be Available Globally Starting With Europe, North America And Asia Through Retail Sites And Play Store
- Young Teen Fighter Says ISIS Uses Drugs On Suicide Bombers To Get Them Perform The Act
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS