Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 Gets Performance Upgrade with Android 4.1.2 Resurrection Remix ROM [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | December 18, 2012 6:57 PM EST
Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 users can now relish yet another powerful custom ROM Jelly Bean firmware, with due credit to XDA Developers member westcrip. The custom ROM aptly titled Resurrection Remix ROM brings a plethora of exciting features including new wallpapers, a notification shade wallpaper changer and a new custom Nova launcher, apart from a powerful theme engine that offers an irresistible combination of performance, customisation and power optimisations to the user.
Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean ROM is a mix of AOKP Milestone 1 and CyanogenMod 10, and hence ports the best features hand-picked from some of greatest custom ROMs available in the Android market today.
Key Points to Note
- The Resurrection Remix ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 model only. It will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the Resurrection Remix ROM on the Galaxy Note 2.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that your Galaxy Note 2 is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it.
- Download and install a BitTorrent client, which is required for downloading the ROM package below.
- Download Resurrection Remix JB v3.1.2 ROM
- Download Google Apps (GApps)
- Ensure that your phone's battery has at least 75 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean v3.1.2 ROM on your Note 2.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 with Resurrection Remix ROM
1. Copy the downloaded Resurrection Remix ROM and GApps packages to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
2. Power off your phone and boot into CWM Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the phone boots into Recovery.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select an option in Recovery.
3. Take a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. Select Backup and Restore and hit Backup.
4. Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm action on next screen.
5. Click Install ZIP from SD Card.
6. Tap Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the Resurrection Remix ROM zip file that you copied to your phone in step 1. Select the file and click Yes to confirm.
7. Once the ROM is installed, hit Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache. Wait until the process completes.
8. In Advanced menu options, hit Fix Permissions, and wait for the process to complete.
9. Hit Go back and click Reboot System Now. Your phone will now reboot into the newly installed Resurrection Remix ROM.
You have now successfully installed the Resurrection Remix JB v3.1.2 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight