Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Tab 2 7.0, Tab 2 10.1 Red Editions Release Date in 2013?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 18, 2012 5:52 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Tab 2 7.0, and Tab 2 10.1 will get a new colour variant early next year.
Consumers will have a new choice aside from the usual black and grey colours of the Samsung tablets. It is no longer unusual for Samsung to introduce new hues of its smartphones. However, the same cannot be said to its tablets.
The new colour of the tablets is garnet red, and is similar to that available for the Samsung Galaxy S III.
SamMobile said that the following tablets will be launched in red starting early 2013: Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000), Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 3G (GT-P5100), and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (GT-P3100). Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi editions will not get the new colours.
Rumor has it that the three newly-coloured devices will hit the shelves before Valentine's Day, February 14. However, it is not clear which markets will get them, but US, Europe and Australia will probably see the new variant of the aforementioned devices.
Currently, Androidv4.1 Jelly Bean is rolling out worldwide in various Samsung devices. The Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 began.
SamMobile reported that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet PC has begun receiving the new software but only in Germany for the time being. The update is expected to rollout to other parts of the region in the coming weeks before going global, and the update is using the build number of N8000XXBLJ9.
The new software weighs in at around 300MB and is being made available via an over the air update, and once available users should receive an automatic notification prompting them to download and install the software.
If no notification is received, you can always try and manually check for it yourself via the settings menu. However, it can take a while to reach all users, and it should bring with it some performance improvements and other new features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports