12/21/12 Meaning and Mayan Calendar End of the World Beliefs
By Arlene Paredes | December 18, 2012 5:49 PM EST
Some people believe in superstitions, some people stick to facts and science. Others try to marry the two regardless of what everyone says.
"Whatever helps you sleep at night," so they say. Could the meaning of 12/21/12 reassure anyone there won't be a Dec. 21 doomsday this year? Since a calendar date is concerned, there is something in numerology.com for those who are curious.
Mayan Calendar End of the World: Scientists Try to Reassure Public
Scientists emphasize the Mayans never determined with certainty that the world will end on Dec. 21. In a video, NASA showed what the "new cycle" meant for the Mayans. Many scientists have spoken about their various insights on the matter. They have been trying to reassure everyone there is no threat to Earth in the space for the remainder of the year.
12/21/12 Meaning in Numerology
In Numerology, the basic number symbol for Dec. 21 is 2, the number for symmetry and balance. To arrive at 2, get the sum of 12, 21, and 2012 (2045). Then add the digits 2 + 0 + 4 + 5 (11). Finally, your mind goes back to the typical first math question ever: one plus one.
Both 12/12/12 and 12/21/12 have the number 2 as a base number. "The 12.12.12 is the gateway to what will transpire on 12.21.12," says the new age web site simon7d.com. However, nothing of worldwide note happened that day. So there is not much to hang on to in number 2. Perhaps one can look at the numerology for the year, then?
"With the vibrant, rebellious, and unconventional 5 entering the picture and bombarding every aspect of life for all of 2012, those who have difficulty accepting change will face a harder path... You'll be just fine," writes Hans Decoz of numerology.com. His writing focuses on the year 2012, thus 2+0+1+2=5.
There are three operative words here: symmetry, balance, change - nothing about the world's end.
NASA: Why the world won't end (VIDEO)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related