NASA Johnson Space Center Scientists Creates Own ‘Gangnam Style’ Video
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 18, 2012 5:46 PM EST
Scientists are often perceived as serious human beings. However, a released video of NASA Johnson Space Center's own version of Korean superstar Psy's hit single "Gangnam Style" proved that they certainly know how to lighten up and have fun.
The "NASA Johnson Style" spoof video showed scenes from the International Space Station highlighting the work of scientists and researchers inside the Houston space center campus. Some astronauts also participated in the Gangnam Style-inspired music video.
Astronaut Mike Massimino appeared in the video impersonating the Korean singer Psy. Massimino is an experienced astronaut of two space shuttle missions that both visited the Hubble Space Telescope.
The other astronaut seen dancing to the catchy "Gangnam Style" tune is Clay Anderson who is a member of the Expedition 15 Mission to the International Space Station. Meanwhile, Tracy Caldwell Dyson, who resided aboard the space station in 2010 for 174 days, can be seen lip synching to the song inside a space capsule. Astronauts Michael Coats and Ellen Ochoa also participated in the fun video.
This is not NASA's first time to create a parody video from a hit song that went viral on the internet. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) Curiosity team also released earlier this year a video taking on the American electronic music duo LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" with their version titled "We're NASA and We Know It (Mars Curiosity)."
Meanwhile, Psy's "Gangnam Style" music video became a worldwide phenomenon after the single's release in August. Over 900,000,000 people have already watched the Korean music video pushing aside Justin Bieber's "Baby" as the currently most viewed music video on YouTube.
Check out the video link and watch the NASA scientists perform on their version of "Gangnam Style" in "NASA Johnson Style."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'