NASA Johnson Space Center Scientists Creates Own ‘Gangnam Style’ Video
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 18, 2012 5:46 PM EST
Scientists are often perceived as serious human beings. However, a released video of NASA Johnson Space Center's own version of Korean superstar Psy's hit single "Gangnam Style" proved that they certainly know how to lighten up and have fun.
The "NASA Johnson Style" spoof video showed scenes from the International Space Station highlighting the work of scientists and researchers inside the Houston space center campus. Some astronauts also participated in the Gangnam Style-inspired music video.
Astronaut Mike Massimino appeared in the video impersonating the Korean singer Psy. Massimino is an experienced astronaut of two space shuttle missions that both visited the Hubble Space Telescope.
The other astronaut seen dancing to the catchy "Gangnam Style" tune is Clay Anderson who is a member of the Expedition 15 Mission to the International Space Station. Meanwhile, Tracy Caldwell Dyson, who resided aboard the space station in 2010 for 174 days, can be seen lip synching to the song inside a space capsule. Astronauts Michael Coats and Ellen Ochoa also participated in the fun video.
This is not NASA's first time to create a parody video from a hit song that went viral on the internet. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) Curiosity team also released earlier this year a video taking on the American electronic music duo LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" with their version titled "We're NASA and We Know It (Mars Curiosity)."
Meanwhile, Psy's "Gangnam Style" music video became a worldwide phenomenon after the single's release in August. Over 900,000,000 people have already watched the Korean music video pushing aside Justin Bieber's "Baby" as the currently most viewed music video on YouTube.
Check out the video link and watch the NASA scientists perform on their version of "Gangnam Style" in "NASA Johnson Style."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air