Philippine Lawmakers Push for 'Persona Non Grata' Justin Bieber Ban
By Diadem Pambid | December 18, 2012 4:52 PM EST
The Filipinos appear to still have not forgotten nor forgiven Canadian Crooner, Justin Bieber. In fact, Philippine lawmakers have already issued a legal ban if Bieber still does not release a public apology for the distasteful jabs at Philippine Boxing Champ, Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao of which he had posted on his Instagram account. What do "Beliebers" have to say about the "Persona Non Grata" ban on Bieber?
Mock one Filipino and the whole nation follows suit to defend the fallen. This is the exact case of which Bieber has been involved in all thanks to a "simple boxing comment" he had made on his Instagram account. Following the humiliating defeat of Manny Pacquiao to Juan Marquez, Justin Bieber had immediately posted two edited photos of the fallen boxing champ on Instagram.
The photos showed Pacman being woken up by Simba of "The Lion King" with the caption that read, "Wake Up Dad." The other photo was of Pacman with the late Michael Jackson with the caption that said, "Pacman doing the MJ Lean."
While a few "Beliebers" found this funny, Filipinos found this rude and demeaning. Rather than apologizing, Bieber had simply shrugged it off. To add fuel to the fire, Justin had even made a comment on how Mayweather would gain nothing from a fight with Manny Pacquiao.
"Floyd has never in his professional career lost a fight and Pacquiao lost his last two fights... If Floyd wins, it's not that big of a deal (because) it would be his third loss in a row," said Bieber, adding, "And if he (Mayweather) loses, he's gonna ruin his legacy. Either way, there's no big win for Mayweather... Mayweather is boxing."
A simple apology is what Filipino netizens are after and Bieber is taking quite the time to do such. Due to that, Philippine lawmakers have pushed for a ban in House Resolution No. 2962. YACAP Party-list Representative, Carol Jane Lopez had even declared Bieber "persona non grata" if he still refuses to issue an apology to the Philippine nation.
"As his colleagues in this august body, it is incumbent upon us to demand an apology from Mr. Justin Bieber lest, we declare him persona non grata in this country," stated the resolution.
In short, Bieber would be banned from the Philippine shores if a public apology is not given. A simple boxing comment or not, an apology is all the Filipinos are asking for and if Bieber is truly one of the most polite celebrities of 2012, then a "sorry" would be so easy to do.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]