Motorola Atrix HD Goes Jellybean
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 18, 2012 1:57 PM EST
The update offers fresh features from Jellybean such as Google Now, a software that updates weather, traffic, flight information and more. The Jellybean itself includes overall speed improvements from Google's Project Butter that focuses more on Android performance enhancements and Google Search which performs very closely with the Apple's Siri.
Jellybean changes for Motorola Atrix HD includes new notifications, real-time updates for nearby transit systems, local restaurants, live sports scores, and places of interest. Updated notifications now group together updates from the same application and allows user to expand or collapse any of these notifications.
Full views of text messaging and full photo display of MMS in the notification window are added features as well. Event notifications display more of the event description which quickly sees details without having to open the app. The default offers system changes from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean, meaning better interface, speed and performance.
Drive Smart action features Enhanced Voice Search for safer driving experience; SmartActions Drive Rule sets the phone to auto-reply calls and texts with enabled hands-free conversations when the user is driving.
The Quick settings are for most-often-used settings with a swipe from the home screen. Swiping to let quickly turns on or turns off Wi-Fi or drop into the detailed settings. Filmstrip mode, which is a new features in the photo gallery, allows users to quickly view photos and delete from the gallery by swiping up or down. Signal indicating focus quality for improved camera focus is also an added spice. The Jellybean update lets user respond to missed calls by text with only a single touch.
The Motorola Atrix HD update of Android 4.1 Jellybean is easy to obtain by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. The user must have Wi-Fi Internet connection active.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools