Motorola Atrix HD Goes Jellybean
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 18, 2012 1:57 PM EST
The update offers fresh features from Jellybean such as Google Now, a software that updates weather, traffic, flight information and more. The Jellybean itself includes overall speed improvements from Google's Project Butter that focuses more on Android performance enhancements and Google Search which performs very closely with the Apple's Siri.
Jellybean changes for Motorola Atrix HD includes new notifications, real-time updates for nearby transit systems, local restaurants, live sports scores, and places of interest. Updated notifications now group together updates from the same application and allows user to expand or collapse any of these notifications.
Full views of text messaging and full photo display of MMS in the notification window are added features as well. Event notifications display more of the event description which quickly sees details without having to open the app. The default offers system changes from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean, meaning better interface, speed and performance.
Drive Smart action features Enhanced Voice Search for safer driving experience; SmartActions Drive Rule sets the phone to auto-reply calls and texts with enabled hands-free conversations when the user is driving.
The Quick settings are for most-often-used settings with a swipe from the home screen. Swiping to let quickly turns on or turns off Wi-Fi or drop into the detailed settings. Filmstrip mode, which is a new features in the photo gallery, allows users to quickly view photos and delete from the gallery by swiping up or down. Signal indicating focus quality for improved camera focus is also an added spice. The Jellybean update lets user respond to missed calls by text with only a single touch.
The Motorola Atrix HD update of Android 4.1 Jellybean is easy to obtain by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. The user must have Wi-Fi Internet connection active.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS