Motorola Atrix HD Goes Jellybean
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 18, 2012 1:57 PM EST
The update offers fresh features from Jellybean such as Google Now, a software that updates weather, traffic, flight information and more. The Jellybean itself includes overall speed improvements from Google's Project Butter that focuses more on Android performance enhancements and Google Search which performs very closely with the Apple's Siri.
Jellybean changes for Motorola Atrix HD includes new notifications, real-time updates for nearby transit systems, local restaurants, live sports scores, and places of interest. Updated notifications now group together updates from the same application and allows user to expand or collapse any of these notifications.
Full views of text messaging and full photo display of MMS in the notification window are added features as well. Event notifications display more of the event description which quickly sees details without having to open the app. The default offers system changes from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean, meaning better interface, speed and performance.
Drive Smart action features Enhanced Voice Search for safer driving experience; SmartActions Drive Rule sets the phone to auto-reply calls and texts with enabled hands-free conversations when the user is driving.
The Quick settings are for most-often-used settings with a swipe from the home screen. Swiping to let quickly turns on or turns off Wi-Fi or drop into the detailed settings. Filmstrip mode, which is a new features in the photo gallery, allows users to quickly view photos and delete from the gallery by swiping up or down. Signal indicating focus quality for improved camera focus is also an added spice. The Jellybean update lets user respond to missed calls by text with only a single touch.
The Motorola Atrix HD update of Android 4.1 Jellybean is easy to obtain by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. The user must have Wi-Fi Internet connection active.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James