Motorola Atrix HD Goes Jellybean
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 18, 2012 1:57 PM EST
The update offers fresh features from Jellybean such as Google Now, a software that updates weather, traffic, flight information and more. The Jellybean itself includes overall speed improvements from Google's Project Butter that focuses more on Android performance enhancements and Google Search which performs very closely with the Apple's Siri.
Jellybean changes for Motorola Atrix HD includes new notifications, real-time updates for nearby transit systems, local restaurants, live sports scores, and places of interest. Updated notifications now group together updates from the same application and allows user to expand or collapse any of these notifications.
Full views of text messaging and full photo display of MMS in the notification window are added features as well. Event notifications display more of the event description which quickly sees details without having to open the app. The default offers system changes from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean, meaning better interface, speed and performance.
Drive Smart action features Enhanced Voice Search for safer driving experience; SmartActions Drive Rule sets the phone to auto-reply calls and texts with enabled hands-free conversations when the user is driving.
The Quick settings are for most-often-used settings with a swipe from the home screen. Swiping to let quickly turns on or turns off Wi-Fi or drop into the detailed settings. Filmstrip mode, which is a new features in the photo gallery, allows users to quickly view photos and delete from the gallery by swiping up or down. Signal indicating focus quality for improved camera focus is also an added spice. The Jellybean update lets user respond to missed calls by text with only a single touch.
The Motorola Atrix HD update of Android 4.1 Jellybean is easy to obtain by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. The user must have Wi-Fi Internet connection active.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia