Jack Culolias Body Found? Search Groups Recover Body In Salt River, Believed To Be That Of Missing ASU Student [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 18, 2012 1:36 AM EST
A local news station in Tempeis reporting that search crews believe they have recovered the body of missing Arizona State University student Jack Culolias.
The body of Culolias, 19, was reportedly found in the Salt River on Sunday, after a private search group spotted him floating near the spot where one of his shoes was found about two weeks ago.
Accoridng to KTLA 5 , police said that the man pulled from the water was wearing a single red shoe, leading to the “strong possibility” that the body is that of Culolias.
While the county medical examiner will still have to identify the body, all signs are pointing toward the corpse being that of Culolias.
The Orange County, Calif. native was last seen on Nov. 30, after being kicked out of a Tempe bar during a party sponsored by the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.
KTLA 5 reports that campus police said his friends saw him heading to a taxi cab and never saw him again.
Additional reports from the bar where Culolias was kicked out of indicate that the missing ASU student used a fake ID to get into Cadillac Ranch at Tempe Marketplace.
The Arizona Department of Liquor Licensing and Control is reviewing credit card purchases from the bar, including the $8 that was charged to Culolias’s card, to determine if underage drinking was taking place.
Authorities said they searched the river north of Tempe Marketplace using underwater cameras and radar equipment after Culolias’ disappearance, but had found nothing.
Tempe police said on Sunday that there’s nothing to suggest that the disappearance was anything but accidental.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2