Google UK Head Apologies for Nexus 4 Problems - Blames LG
By David Gilbert | December 17, 2012 11:56 PM EST
The Google UK boss, Dan Cobley, has used Google+ to apologise profusely to customers for lack of availability and delays in delivering the Nexus 4 smartphone, blaming "scare and erratic" supply from LG.
Following a post by Cobley on his Google+ page on Wednesday of last week relating to Google's latest Zeitgeist report, he was inundated with angry messages from people complaining about delays, unavailability and a lack of communication from Google regarding the Nexus 4 smartphone
The Nexus 4 smartphone is the latest device from Google which is produced to show off the pure Android experience. Launched alongside the Nexus 10 tablet, the smartphone, which is manufactured by LG, went on sale in the UK on 13 November, but sold out online within 30 minutes.
The phone, which went on sale through Google's own Play Store with prices starting at £239, has received generally good reviews in the media, as it's relatively low price, and high specs make it an attractive SIM-free offer. However customers have been complaining since day one about a lack of stock, delivery dates slipping, and a complete lack of communication from customer services.
Cobley said he was going to look into the issues and over the weekend replied:
"I know that what you are going through is unacceptable and we are all working through the nights and weekends to resolve this issue. Supplies from the manufacturer are scarce and erratic, and our communication has been flawed."
He added: "I can offer an unreserved apology for our service and communication failures in this process. I am optimistic that we will be able to share some positive news shortly, but I do not want to cause any more disappointment by making a commitment until we are 100 percent sure we can deliver on it."
Cobley updated his apology yesterday, adding some details for those who originally received a 3-5 day shipping estimate:
"For those that originally received a 3-5 days shipping estimate, your orders are now in process for fulfilment. You can expect an email notification early this week which will include tracking information. Although you will be initially charged in full, you will receive a credit for the shipping charge soon after. For others that received pre-Christmas shipping estimates, we anticipate processing your orders for fulfilment this week."
While this updated message received some positive responses from people, there remains a lot of angry and dissatisfied customers commenting on Cobley's Google+ page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James