Bharti Infratel Prices IPO, Raises about $764 Million
December 17, 2012 9:12 PM EST
Indian telecommunications tower operator Bharti Infratel Ltd priced its initial public offering near the lower end of an indicative price range, raising about $764 million in the country's biggest IPO in two years.
Bharti Infratel, a unit of top Indian mobile phone carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd, said it fixed a price of 220 rupees a share for funds and wealthy investors and 210 rupees a share for retail investors. The company had set an indicative price range of 210-240 rupees for the IPO.
The IPO, which closed on Friday, was subscribed 1.3 times. In a pre-IPO sale, Bharti Infratel had agreed to allot shares to cornerstone investors at 230 rupees a share.
According to Reuters calculations, the share sale should have raised about 41.8 billion rupees and values Bharti Infratel at about $7.6 billion.
Bharti Infratel was selling more than three quarters of the total 188.9 million shares on offer, while four of its private equity investors, including arms of Temasek and Goldman Sachs, were selling the remainder.
Parent Bharti Airtel, which owned 86 percent of the tower operator before the IPO, was not selling any share.
Bharti Infratel plans to build new towers and upgrade existing towers with the IPO funds.
The shares should be listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange towards the end of the month, said a person with direct knowledge of the matter, although the listing date is yet to be finalised.
Shares of Bharti Airtel, owned nearly a third by Singapore Telecommunications, were down 3.6 percent on Monday afternoon in a Mumbai market that was down 0.4 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best