Adam Lanza Mass Murder in US, China's Knife Attacks Shift Focus on Mental Health
By Christine Gaylican | December 17, 2012 5:20 PM EST
The recent tragedy that left 20 children and 7 adults violently killed by a gun-wielding 20-year-old Adam Lanza is partly being blamed to the lax gun measures in the United States. But is it really just the laws on gun and gun ownership that should be reviewed? Proper mental health care is the main issue because In China, assault guns are prohibited among local citizens but attacks on the innocent are also occurring.
In a very rare coincidence, the troubles that wrecked havoc in the United States had also begun occurring in China which brings into fore the dangers of mental instability leading to violence.
As the United States mourn and investigate what could have triggered the mass murder of 20 innocent children and 8 adults, in China, knife-wielding individuals had been caught on more than two occasions causing harm on school children, teachers and an elderly civilian.
China's state-run news agency Xinhua said in a report that a 35-year-old-man suddenly went on a stabbing rampage on Friday, inflicting cuts and bruises on 23 residents--22 of which are students aged 8 to 12 years old on their way to school. The man is still at large. AFP and Yahoo.com showed a CCTV of the said occurrence in China through this link: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-stabs-22-children-china-primary-school-105337314.html
In Shanghai, a day-care helper went deranged and hurt children ages 3 to 4 years old with a box cutter, recently. However, in the year 2010, a man stabbed to death eight students at the gate of their school and injured five.
The violent incidents could have spared some victims, but the dreadful experience will remain as an emotional trauma carried on for years.
The question as to why the violence arises even from individuals, whose backgrounds are even from reputable families and are bordering "genius", remains elusive.
Is it hereditary, the environment or in the food or medicines taken? What could have triggered the violent streak?
An American blogger and mother of four, Liza Long, was able to get more than 70,000 shares on social media outlets with her article claiming she has the same experience as Adam Lanza's mother.
In her essay, "I am Adam Lanza's Mother", Ms Long pointed that it could be a higher form of autism called "aspergi syndrome," that has bouts with sudden mood swings arising from some experience like not wearing the right colour of clothes and shoes.
Ms Long said in her blog that she is now coping with the same violent nature of her son and also seeking medical help. She, however, did not explain how could this had befallen his now 13-year-old son.
Some concerned individuals are pointing the potential dangers of vaccines causing the imbalances in children and adults including their mental state.
Danger of Some Vaccines
In Sweden, families of some 150 children vaccinated against the swine flu are now suffering from narcolepsy, "a chronic sleeping disorder that causes overwhelming and severe daytime sleepiness that often occurs at inappropriate times and places."
This prompted the Swedish government to compensate the children's families because they now have to take medication, which induces food intake to avoid being sleepy during the day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Spying Claims Muddle New Zealand Election as Dotcom Calls Key Gov't An 'American Slave'
- Germany to Send Soldiers to Iraq, Bans Displays of Support for ISIS
- Strike vs ISIS Countdown: Arab Nations Signify Intent to Join U.S. Fight
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date