Mayan Calendar 2012 End of the World? NASA Films 'Why the world didn't end on 12/21/2012' Leaked [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | December 17, 2012 4:02 PM EST
"If you're watching this video, it means one thing: the world didn't end yesterday," begins a NASA video of Mayan calendar doomsday debunking. Obviously, the video was supposed to be released Dec. 22, 2012, but was published 11 days sooner instead. The documentary seems to be a spin-off of NASA's "Beyond 2012" web page, dedicated to those who have been asking about the Mayan calendar supposed doomsday predictions.
"The whole thing was a misconception from the very beginning," the NASA video continues.
The "Dec. 22 video" features scientists who have studied the Mayans and those who regularly study the space for Earth-threatening objects. They went on a Google+ Hangout session to discuss among themselves the ideas popularizing the 12/21/2012 end of the world predictions.
"If there were anything out there like a planet heading for Earth, says NASA astrobiologist David Morrison, it would already be one of the brightest objects in the sky. Everybody on Earth could see it. You don't need to ask the government. Just go out and look. It's not there."
The YouTube video description goes:
"The Mayan calendar explained! The world is safe from rogue planets, solar flares and other imagined calamities!"
"Watch this NOW to learn why NASA Science says you'll be here Dec. 22 to view it again!"
The video drew mixed YouTube comments:
published on december 11, anybody catch the irony of this - ssjcourt
The Mayan calendar didnt have leap years right so if are calendar didnt the world would have ended years ago - M316vidz
ok even if i'm gonna die on the 21st i don't care anymore because it will or will not happen, out of my control - phira360
I am not buying Christmas presents until 22nd, just to be sure. - mark000ization
Watch the video: "Why the Earth didn't end on 12/21/2012"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports