Fireball Plunges Off Black Sea: 12/12/12 UFO, Meteorite? Captured in CCTV [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | December 17, 2012 3:12 PM EST
A big fireball plunged into a body of water near the Black Sea Tuesday last week in the city of Ordu in Turkey. Comments to the video are widely varied. Some people connect it to the Dec. 12 (12/12/12) supposed mysticism, some say it's a UFO, and others refer to other news reports that link the fireball to the meteor shower at the time.
This report shows the security cam footage and says the falling bright object was a meteorite. The scene was uploaded to YouTube with a "boom" sound effect. Naturally, a couple of users noticed the odd sound.
"LOL, I love how these people dubbed the sound in. Terminal flash and sonic booms never happen at the same time. Sonics follow way later. Great video though," writes milkywaypride99.
"Fake!!! The speed of sound is 331.3 meters per second (1,087 feet per second) in dry air at 0 degrees Celsius (32 degrees Fahrenheit). At a temperature like 28 degrees C (82 degrees F), the speed is 346 meters (1135.17ft.) per second. As you can see, the speed of sound changes depending on the temperature and the humidity; but if you want a round number, then something like 350 meters per second and 1,200 feet per second are reasonable numbers to use," writes gjonesy9.
"Read about this in an 'SPACE EVENT' in the EDIS emergency reports. S[c]ientists think it m[a]y be part of the [meteor] shower but unsure as of yet," writes Lori RNC Proctor, who also noted the ground shook after the bright object's plunge, promting hundreds of people to call emergency services for inquiries.
"Could this be linked to the asteroid 2012 XE54 discovered on Sunday Dec 9, 2012 that ended up just missing us by 140,000 miles the morning of 12-11-12?" asks LookofLuv.
UFO Sightings Daily picked up the video and noted it "widely believed by UFOlogists in Turkey that there is a very large underwater alien base below the Black Sea."
The video with sound effects was published in the web site of Turkey's government TV channel.
See for yourself. Watch the video here or play the media below to see for yourself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes